Off Roading Forums banner

GONZOOKIN WAS A BLAST! w/PIC's

1K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  freebird01 
#1 ·
GONZOOKIN WAS A BLAST! w/PIC\'s

We had a GREAT time at the 2004 GonZookin Suzuki Event last weekend! Nothing but fun trails, some easy with beautiful scenery, some hard and technical, and others for only the professional rockcrawlers on 40" tires!....we stayed away from them. Paragon is where the NEUROC Rockcrawling Championships are held and I can see why. Here is a link to the pic's I have right now. Alot of them did not come out since we only had a cheapy disposable camera.

http://members.cox.net/aftermarket4x4/gonzookin2004.html

www.GONZOOKIN.com

MORE PIC"S and maybe some video coming!

Sean (DEFINATELY GOING AGAIN NEXT YEAR!) DeVinney

#3 ·
Re: GONZOOKIN WAS A BLAST! w/PIC\'s

good pics, but as usual pictures dont do the trails justice! It was cool to finally meet you and a few others who have been hanging out here for years. You put on a good show during the TZC and made me a believer that sami axles CAN survive with 35's (Swampers even!)
. I think that was my favorite wheeling weekend.

#5 ·

maybe a little

all the trails our group did were awesome, alot of pucker factor spots and we were evenly matched which kept things moving smoothly. The raffle was a bit late but it gave everyone a chance to BS a bit, I hope we get more people next year.

#7 ·

nice pics. i fully understand how photos can make the most difficult terrain look easy.

zooky, since you were top zuk.....is it fair to say that the auto trans and duel cases are a pretty sweet set up?

#8 ·

aw man, I love it! Just give it gas and it goes. Both the auto and Kicker worked flawlessly. Trans temp never got higher than 175F, just barely off the peg. Never had any angle problems, slippage, or other wierd issues. Couldnt even get the engine to stall, if I was up against a rock and didnt touch the gas it would just stop moving. I was really rough on it all weekend, especally during the TZC, not having to shift (manually) really helped. I give the modification two thumbs up

G
#9 ·

IT WAS DEFINANTLY A BLAST!!! I think I love Paragon! It was awesome to get to travel and also to go wheeling at new places... Meeting new people who are into the same things as you is also lots of fun. Congratulations ZOOKY!

#12 ·

In reply to:

It can't POSSIBLY rain again next year

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn Tim, why did you have to go and say that! Are you trying to jinx us?

Maybe we can schedule the event, then switch the dates at the last minute to fool the weather!

#13 ·

Even though the weather was a bit soggy, I had a great time.

Brian (TippyZuk) and Sean (aftermarket4x4) helped me put in my new cage from Rockrat on Thursday night, (pics will be posted this week). Luckily I didn't have to test it out, although I was REALLY close a few times

Paragon park is an awsome place, and the GonZookin event had tons of potential. I'm sure we will see this event grow exponentially in the next few years, and turn into a "can't miss" event!

G
#14 ·

Hey all, after meeting and wheeling w/ some of you guys on this board, I thought hey, I'm probably missing some good stuff and better get over here ASAP!

GonZookin was a great time and I'm looking forward to the next Zukevent. Thanks to all who showed up, helped out(Dan for strappin' me and Rich for the rain suit!) and organizers(Jeff, Tim, George and ???)for making it happen.

As far as additional pictures, Wes (Weasel On the BBS) was the only guy I was aware of w/ a camera in our intermediate group. Maybe the guy on Fri. in the cherry yellow coiled sami (Jason ?) had a camera too.

Jeff, if you know how to get in touch w/ them, they might be able to get you pics for your website.

I've wheeled at PAP a couple of times on open ride days, but it was MUCH more fun w/ other Zukaholics! I believe this will be THE East Coast Zuke event in years to come!

Ron

#24 ·

well..on my way down saturday morning we stopped just above hazelton for gas and i forgot my gascap at the pump....they wouldnt let me go through tech, but i already had the zuk loaded to go out on the trails including the woman and the dog...so jump in the zuk to run into town to Autozone for a cap....on the way back i got busted by some dickhead statecop nailing guys for tires sticking past their fenders....

mine are less then an inch and i still got nailed....$25 fine with taxes and fees comes out to $105

the donut hog was quite proud of himself that he had nailed a bunch of guys that day. his quota must have been down for the month....or they needed money for the monthly F.O.P. Dinner....ARGH! was just one stitch in the fabric of a bad weekend

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.