Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Six point roll cages aren't enough
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
knifeboy2
Carpal \'Tunnel

Six point roll cages aren\'t enough

I was in St. Louis over Memorial day weekend visiting a friend when I saw a news story on TV of a 1971 Bronco having a tire blowout which caused the vehicle to veer, hit an embankment and overturn. The pictures I saw on TV showed a full roll cage which stood up very well in the rollover, even though the windshield frame was destroyed and the body had seen better days. The driver didn't have seatbelts though and was ejected and killed. This story made me even more glad I installed 3 point seatbelts recently to replace the lapbelts I used to have. This is just a reminder that a roll cage can do a lot of good, but not if you can't stay in the vehicle when it rolls. I don't know why his Bronco didn't have seatbelts (according to news report) but I'm willing to bet that with a 3 point seatbelt he would have had a much better chance at survival. Sure the belts may cost more money but whats worth more..........seatbelts or your life? I wish I could find photo's of this wreck online but I can't find anything other than text. Just a friendly reminder to ya'll.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome