Off Roading Forums banner

Where did this washer/spacer come from?

587 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  TheJuice 
#1 ·
I don't have my camera at work but Found this under my Bronco monday it looks a oval washer with hole in the middle and a slit from the middle to the one end. Never seen anything like it before but came from somewhere.-Bob

Attachments

#3 ·
After further Investigation on lunch hour, found that it may go between the frame and body mount?! The rad support frame or whatever it's called is completely rusted through/cracked to the body mount bushing on both sides. The battery side is the worst but none the less, I guess that needs replacing. Looks like a very time consuming job that will require at least a case of cold ones and a friend. Well I guess I should think about replacing the fenders since I'll have the front section off. Damn, I hate doing body repair!-Bob

#6 ·
Well I have a new Core support a little pricey at $150 but was the only option I had. Now for new mounts, I priced originals at the dealer since I couldn't find them listed anywhere. I didn't want to do any body lifting but for the cost of the two front bushings (just the rubbers) was gonna be over $70!! However I was able to locate a 2" kit for $65 from summit. Now I assume that is just the poly/nylon bushings and bolts only so I guess I'll go that route. I have to post while at work because I keep getting "not a valid host" error when I try to post at home and can't seem to figure out why. Anyhow, is there any suggestions/ or things to look for when I do this body lift, other than drilling the front holes out to 1/2 inch? -Bob

#7 ·
Just make sure you do it right, so you do it once. I mean, clean up any rust you have in the area, and do what you can to protect it. All my body mounts look brand new, except the front. when I do the replacement, I am going to clean everthing real good, use the poly, and keep it clean up there from now on. Not looking forward to this task either, though mine sounds a bit easier than yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.