Off Roading Forums banner

t-case

849 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  OFFroadMUDpunk 
#1 ·
will a t-case out of an 87 jeepcherokee fit into muy 89 wrangler they are both autos and they are both nv231 will it bolt up

#3 ·
im not sure which tranny was put in that year yj with the 4.2, if its the aw4 you wont have a problem and i dont think you would have a problem swapping to another factory auto... im almost positive it will go

#4 ·
Yes they will bolt up with no issues,,,,BUT,,,, are you sure you are looking at an NP231 and Not an NP207? But otherwise they have the same spline count and bolt patern.

#6 ·
I would stay away from a 207 but a manual i6 '87 Cherokee should have had a 231. Find a nice 231 and count the splines. There's 21 and 23 spline shafts. Manual '87 and '88 (BA peugeot trans) i6 have 21 spline TC's. Later ones with the AX15 trans have 23 splines. Auto's have 21 as well as 23 splines mixed through the years as far as I know, so always check.

#7 ·
there are nv231 the wrangler has a 999 in it and i dont know what the comanche has in it i want to do a sye on the wrangler but i am not done lifting is so i dont want to do it to that and then haft to buy 4 drive shafts i was going to do it to the comanche t-case and then move it to my wrangler when i am ready for it the comanche is a parts truck i drive my wrangler every day

#8 ·
Here's some (.) to borrow. I'm not using them.

..................................................................................
..................................................................................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.