Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - OT-I'm having a Garand time! (and regressing...)
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Dirt Dog

Re: OT-I\'m having a Garand time! (and regressing...)

I am Sooooooooooooooo <font color="green"> JEALOUS </font color> [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]. I have always wanted one. And it pains me in a way that I never got to get a nice one for my dad before he died. He was not one to talk alot about war. But he did love that gun and was not hesitant to tell anyone. As a frontline radioman in korea and a proud marine with a chest full of colors including purple.....I know it was a great gun.

now on the other hand OP........he hated the carbine. Said it jammed with a wet sneeze. (I don't think he would have used it for a tomato stake that he could have been sure of to hear him talk. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

Anyway.......I will have one some day. I know that they are great guns. And I want one just to remember my dads favorite arm [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(but also on a side note he hated the 45 1911......and I love it) [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome