Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Good sources for SKYJACKER & WARN BLACK DIAMOND?
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 12:32 PM
GeeAea
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Good sources for SKYJACKER & WARN BLACK DIAMON

I've been around and around this throughout my jeep ownership. The posted prices are quite fixed. You ever notice that virtually every item is the same price EVERYWHERE? There may be a $5-10 difference ..but then they jack you on the S&H. The manufacturers require a minimum advertised price from all their vendors. They can sell it at any price they choose ...but not advertise it. Quadratech relies on you buying it for that advertised price ...I don't believe that you can haggle with the person on the phone (I could be wrong). The same item is available somewhere else for a substantially lower price (at least worth the phone time).

Q-tech wanted $860 (IIRC) + S&H for the Warn hub conversion. I got it for $692 delivered from a small outfit (DC's something or other ..I have it somewhere).

I recommend hitting as many outfits that handle this/these item(s) as you can find. You'll stop when you've seen enough of a reduction off of the "list" price.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome