Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Good sources for SKYJACKER & WARN BLACK DIAMOND?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
MarineOpLaw
Can't Get Enough

Re: Good sources for SKYJACKER & WARN BLACK DIAMOND?

Did me some checking around tonight while the family watched "Every Which Way but Loose" (too much bad language, but that's one funny movie).

Anyhow, I'm finding that while the Skyjacker base kits are significantly cheaper, by the time you add in all the suggested 'optional parts' (pitman arm, sway bar extension, etc...) the price is right near (or over) RE's 'full kit and kaboodle' price. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

As well, the Quadratec site suggests an extra kit for heavy front ends (winch/heavy bumper) which I could not even find as being carried by them - and hence no price. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

The Black Diamond kit, on the other hand, is a 3" kit consisting only of springs and new u-bolts. 3" probably better fits my needs, but everything else has to be put together by buyer/installer. May not be the best kit for a tyro like me.

Given my 'lack of experience' in this area [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img], I'm back to thinking the RE 'all-in-one' kit may be best for me in my present situation. But at least now that I've done a significant amount of research, I am much better informed and more able to make a well-reasoned decision.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome