Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Need info on South Carolina lift laws.
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
WildCJ5
Old Hand

Re: Need info on South Carolina lift laws.

Nick,
We are coming out in April to check out the area. Any suggestions on places to look for a house? Where should we eat, and more importantly where shouldn't we eat? What's the job market like? I work in the prepress side of printing here but I don't think there is much of that going on there. Any help, info or tips you guys can give would really be appreciated.

Webjeep,
Thanks for the link, what I needed was in there.

SECTION 56-5-4445. Unlawful to elevate or lower motor vehicle; exception for "pickup trucks".

It shall be unlawful for any person to drive a passenger motor vehicle on the highways of this State which has been elevated or lowered either in front or back more than six inches by a modification, alteration or change in the physical structure of the vehicle. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be fined not less than twenty-five dollars nor more than fifty dollars. Provided, however, this shall not apply to motor vehicles commonly called "pickup trucks".

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome