Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Differences in Narrowtrac D30 outers?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 09:40 PM
jeepfiend

Re: Differences in Narrowtrac D30 outers?

I just measured my spare set, the flange measured 3.345 inches. I also have drum brakes. I couldn't get my calipers into the knuckle to measure, but the existing axles had a flange that looked to be the same diameter, basically the diameter is almost the same as the width of the yoke. Last time I changed a u-joint, I remeber the flange is almost the same size as the hole in the knuckle. The <nobr><nobr><a class="iAs" style="border-bottom:darkgreen 1px solid;text-decoration:underline;color:darkgreen;background-color:transparent;" href="#" onclick="return kwC();" target="_blank" oncontextmenu="return false;" onmouseover="kwE(event,84716);" onmouseout="kwL(event);" onmousemove="kwM(84716);">Jeep</nobr></a></nobr> is a '77 and the spare axles were from a slightly newer model. Hope this helps. The flange is a separate piece, it sounds like it is missing from some of your spares. I think they all should have it. Are you sure it hasn't broken off some of them. The flange is intended to protect the spindle seal.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome