Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Murphy strikes!
Thread: Murphy strikes!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2004, 04:33 PM
cj7ted

Murphy strikes!

I was long past due for Murphy and his laws of stupidity to strike. Well, he caught up with me today.

The Ole CJ7 has been needing a fuel sending unit for a while now. So I ordered it last week, had it overnighted and installed it today. I swear on my great great grand pappys grave I read the directions. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I had already removed the tank for a bumper I was building. So, I proceed to pull the old sending unit out, put the new one in, Wrestled the tank for two hours getting everything reinstalled and hooked back up.
Turn the ignition key and only shows 1/8 of a tank. No problem, I just need gas.

I proceed to fill it up at the local station. get back in Jeep, turn ignition key on, still only shows 1/8 tank. After driving around a liile bit in frustration, I return home and actually read the directions. Oh $h!T! I realized I must have installed the unit 180 out and the float is hanging on the side of the tank. Now I must drain it all and repeat the whole darn thing again.
I NEED A BEER! [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome