Off Roading Forums banner

Winches

763 views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  GoCougs 
#1 ·
Ok I am in the market for a winch for my rig. Forgetting about the cost of one which is better the Warn XD9000i or the Warn XD9000. Cost doesnt matter because I am getting it cheap no matter which one.

Thanks
Mitch

#2 ·
How much does your rig weigh. What do you see yourself getting stuck in (mud, sand, snow, etc). Use these you consider which one to buy. More expensive models usually have greater line pull and faster retreaval. You could go for the new 16.5 15000 unit that Warn has.

I'm not sure what the difference between the 2 are except for that i. Do a search and I'll bet you find out.

#3 ·
The Difference is that the XD9000i weighs 85lbs while the XD9000 weighs 78lbs. the XD9000 also comes with 100' wire rope while the XD9000i comes with 125' wire rope. Also the XD9000i has a faster line pull when on a 24V DC power. But the XD9000 draws less amps on the 24V DC power. besides that and the price they are basicly the same except that the XD9000 has a separate control pack while the XD9000i has the control pack built into the housing.

Mitch

G
#4 ·
I have the xd9000i. I think its better than the 9000 cause you done have to find a place to mount the external box.

Ive used mine countless times and it hasnt let me down yet. I pulled out a f250 with 35s and mud almost to the top of them and it didnt even come close to bogging the winch down....Its got a ton of power.

G
#11 ·
I have a Warn Trans4mer winch mount/brush guard that I will sell you. I used to have it on my truck then I took it off and built the bumper. Its black and in very good shape.
It cost me 300 brand new from warn. Ill sell it for $175 plus shipping. Heres a pic of it from a while back.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.