Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Jeep People are top notch
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 02:50 PM
thorjeep
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Jeep People are top notch

Have to share a eye-opening story:

Out wheeling with a couple of buddies in my jeep. One of them, Jim, owns a couple of Toyota Landcruisers (Fj??) and we are always ribbing each other about my Jeep and his Fj.

So, Jim sees a trail, and from the back seat of my Jeep, Jim says "go over there, your Jeep 'might' be able to make it", I took the trail, dropped in a rut and snapped the driveshaft [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img].. He had fun with that [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. I unlocked the rear hubs and rolled it back down the hill (He started to drool when he saw what Warn full-floaters can do). Jim stared freaking out saying what can we do now., untill he saw me pull out my tool box [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So far in the distance, we see a Jeep, a nice trail rig all set up coming our way. Jim walks away, saying "I don't want to associated with you when they drive by and laugh at you" I said, "I don't know about Fj owners, but the Jeep will stop, ask what I broke, see if they have anything with them to replace/fix/fab something, and if they can't help, they will stay and chat and share their beer if they have some. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]"
"In your dreams, that doesn't look like Mother Theresa pulling up" - Jim said
Needless to say, the Jeep stopped, the passanger was upset becouse he kept an extra driveshaft in HIS jeep, they offered U-Joints, bolts etc, though to no avail. So they sat with us as I removed the driveshaft and shared thier Wild Turkey with my 2 buddies [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].
Later over the campfire I heard Jim say : "How much did Scott pay for his jeep? Do you remember where he got it..."
And yes, I would stop for a Fj. [img]images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome