Off Roading Forums banner

Waggy D44 SOA/Outboard pics.......

981 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  OregonSahara 
#1 ·
Here are some pics from my Waggy D44. I am doing a SOA and outboarding the springs. This is the same setup I use on my CJ8. The pics are big. I will edit them down when I have time.

http://www.hallbergs.com/uploads/SOA/

Later,
Tom

#4 ·
On pic #12 it looks like the axle is rotated down slightly. How did you decide what angle to use for this? I know I would have probably set it up straight and gone from there. I'm trying to get everything ready for this. Did you find a good how to writeup, or are you just trying to wing it? Like I said I'm wanting to do this but I don't know the first place to start.
Thanks

#6 ·
Man Tom, I must be copying you. Although I'm already sprung over. First I copy your 258/727/D300/4.10/35's setup from your scrambler. Then I buy the same Lokar shifter as you. Now I think I bought the same welder. Looks like a Hobart 175 in that picture. Just getting ready to wire my 220, so I haven't tried it yet.

BTW, haven't done my 727 swap yet. I'm getting my YJ tub cleaned up, welded, and ready to go, but money has been the stopper lately. Saving for a wedding is gonna seriously cut into my Jeepin' fund this year! Not to mention buying the tub and welder, tranny, shifter parts, cage, new steering box mount, shock mounts, and everything else. I'll be surprised if I get it on the road this summer the way I've been going lately.

#8 ·
I used the original spring pads as my basepoint. I supported the axle with the spring pads completely level. I then welded an extra pad on the top of the axle. Parallel to the first one. Then I cut the driver's pad off the bottom of the axle. I then used the driver's pad to determine how much to grind off on the passenger side top. I used a piece of .5x2.5x5 steel to make a new perch. I welded the new perch on top of the housing using the old perch as a guide for level and center hole placement. I will probably end up writnig this up on my website, but it will be a while before I do.

Later,
Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.