Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Good sleds in the 94'-96' range?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 10:19 PM
Jay_Roll

Good sleds in the 94\'-96\' range?

I'm buying my first newer sled sometime soon. Over the past few weeks I've learned several several things. I've determined one thing and it's that it can't be any smaller than a 580cc machine. I have had tons of riding time on snowmobiles but never owned a newer one of my own and I figure it's time. I know if I go anything smaller than a sled of that power and I'll be regretting my purchase as soon as I'm out on the trail and can't keep up. My cash flow only allows for about $1,500 to $2,000 to spend so my options are somewhat limited. I've been leaning towards then Yamaha Vmax 600 since I've heard nothing but great things about it in both power and reliability. Also have heard great things about the Skidoo Rotax 583 motors. Having drivin one personally I really really like the power. I've looked at Artic Cat 580's,ZR's,ZRT's,MXZ's,VMax,Polaris,etc. I'm just looking for advice on which direction to go, or atleast what to look for. Are there 2 or 3 sleds out there in my price range that I will be pleased with for a season or two? Thanks to all in advance.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome