Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - A few Suzuki Questions.
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 12:46 AM
zuk88

Re: A few Suzuki Questions.

Welcome aboard,
Boy this is a tough one...Daily driver and trail rig. I started out daily driver now it's more like yearly driver...LOL. Sammys are cheap transportation but the stock suspension is not very road friendly, add a lift and its worse. If I did it again(daily driver) I would use some 3" lifted springs(someone else will have to tell you what they like, I run YJs spring over), Bilstein 5100 shocks, 30" AT tires, 4.89 t-case gears(they have a 18% high range reduction for the 30" tires), Sidekick power steering conversion, skid plates, rocker protection, and something besides those ugly stock bumpers and if you have the $$$ ARB lockers front and rear. I think you could be very happy with the trail performance and it'll still drive down the road nice.
As for things to look for when buying. Do what I did, find a low milage,clean bone stock Samurai that some girl used to drive to school....mine had 60,000 on it and was stock down to the air in the tires. Happy hunting!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome