Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Contact fitting on Monday
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2003, 08:20 AM
2toy

Re: Contact fitting on Monday

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
. do doctors ever botch this crap

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure that it's happened in the past. The only advice that I can give on this one is to go to a reputable place. I have seen some ads where they advertise very low prices and nobody has ever heard of them before. The place where I went has done about 20,000 of the surgeries before. Just check around. I would be willing to pay a little bit more not to go blind.
Here's something to remember Muddy,
What do you call the Doctor that graduated last in medical school??????

DOCTOR...

Just remember, check the referrals and talk to the doctor.

As far as insurance covering the cost. Probably not. Some insurance companies are starting to realize that if you get the surgery you will have no other need for eye insurance in the future... Although, some insurance companies are known for putting in partial cost. I know some people that use a "lunch plan" type of thing from their employer where you can take pre-tax dollars to pay for medical expenses. The only kicker is that you have to use the money in the same year that you take it out and if you don't use it, it's lost. But that would be something to ask your specific employer. Keep me posted...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome