Off Roading Forums banner

I got my zuki back, zuki back, zuki back...

755 views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Zukinator 
#1 ·
I just picked up my zuk from Sean DeVinney, from Aftermarket4x4. What a difference!

Sean installed a very low milage 1.6 8valve motor from a 94 sidekick and did a SPOA for me.

I was very pleased with the overall performance of the engine. Even with the new 31" tires, it was still very quick. I was expecting the engine to compensate for the larger tires, but to my surprise it still was much faster than 1.3 with the stock tires.

The ride was a lot nicer than I expected. I didn't really expect it to ride as nice as it does. Even at 65mph, no wobbles, shimmies or shakes.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
In reply to:

Can't wait to see you at Zuwharrie! Only 11 more days!! WHOOHOO!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know! I'm so excited!

I still have some minor things I need to finish up.

#1. I definately have to redo the brakes. Cut the rotors, hang new pads & shoes, bleed the system. Being able to stop is a good thing

#2. Install the CB. It's been sitting in a box since a month before the Melt, but now it really needs to go in.

#3. Put on a few more miles, then change the oil.

#4. I would like to install the catalytic converter, and run it through inspection so I have a valid NJ inspection sticker, but not a super high priority.

#5. I would love to put in a coat of Rhinoliner while it is still kinda warm out, but I don't think that will happen before Zuwharrie (Duplicolor stuff that's in there now stinks)

#11 ·
In reply to:

does it still make all those cool sounds it did on the way to the melt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope! Not this Zuk
! 60 mph, uphill, no downshifting required! And the 2" exhaust with the Hi-Flow muffler makes a nice, rich, rumbly sound.

But we will be bringing 2 stockers with us, so I will be able to "replicate" the sound of a 1.3 going up and down a hill!

(had to be at the melt to understand this reply!)

#13 ·
Hope to see you too!

I can't wait to see all of the folks I met at the melt again.

I'm also looking forward to meeting new Zuk people and finally put some faces with the names from the BBS.

#15 ·
In reply to:

Glad you are so happy with it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Happy with it? I'm absolutely thrilled!

Popped the rotors off this morning. My wife dropped them off at the shop when I headed off to work. She will bring them home on her lunch break tommorrow.

Tommorrow I'm going to pick up pads, shoes, lots of break fluid to flush that nasty stuff out, a cat with 2" ports.

Definately good to be back in my Zuk. Mark (my brother) is so jealous right now!

Thanks Sean!

#18 ·
In reply to:

Excellent! Tel Mark to drop his Zuk off over here after Zuwharrie....I'll take care of him!

Sean

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sean. I think Mark needs to save his pennies for a while. Luckily the 150,000 mile 1.3L he has is running really strong. Leaks oil like the Exxon Valdez (even worse than mine did!), but at least it runs well. I think it will be a few months before we do anything with that one.

#19 ·
I don't need the Herculiner just yet, but I could use another backup light switch, if you have one in stock. I'm stuck at work right now, but if I remember when I get home I will email you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.