Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Wheel balancers?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Blown

Re: Wheel balancers?

I ordered a set of centramatics, $208.50 with shipping. They have a 30 day refund. I don't believe they would be enough, by themselves, to balance a large tire. The set weighs 10 lbs., so couldn't be much more than 2 lbs. of adjusting weight in each. Discount has my 37X12.5 MT/R's close to balanced. The centramatics should do the rest and balance the whole turning assembly, not just the tires and rims. Maybe I'm going soft. I'm at least an hour from the good trails in the rockies and want a better ride. I also use this bronc to get to the ski area in the winter (2 hr. drive) I figure they will pay for themselves over time. I should get more mileage out of those expensive tires and less wear on the bearings. I also got a big paycheck, so I figured I'd blow some on my favorite thing. These would be low on the prioity list but everthing else is working fine on my bronc.
I've also ordered a set of the Velvet Ride shackles. I'll report back when I get them installed. The shackles are on sale now for $159 shipped. I will do the centramatics first, then test, then add the shackles. I've read good things about both.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome