Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Exhaust question / Quadratec Magazine
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
CJJ92YJ

Exhaust question / Quadratec Magazine

I'm going to replace the exhaust system in my '92 Wrangler. I have been debating over paying the $600 the local muffler shops want, and ordering from Quadratec and doing it myself. Problem is, I don't have a welder, so it all has to be bolt in. In the back of the Quadratec magazine, where it shows all the axles, tranny's, X-fre cases, etc., there is a page for stock exhaust systems. I crawled under the old Jeep and steined it out pretty good, then looked in the magazine. I've noticed a few differences.

1.) The Catalytic converter is bolted at the front to the f ront pipe and the support on the skid plate. The pic in the magazine does not show a bolted connection.

2.) The tail pipe has hangers welded on the outside which are obviously supported by the body. The pic in the magazine does not show these supports welded on the outside.

I called Quadratec, and the dude there didn't know if it really had these parts as they are currently on my Jeep. He just had a generic picture as it shows in the magazine. Has anyone ever ordered these parts from Quadratec, and do they really come that way, or do they come right. If they come the right way, I want to order them soon, before the weather turns to crap. But if I am going to have to do some welding, I will have to rethink my situation.

Thanks for all the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1183805-exhaust.jpg (13.2 KB, 6 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome