Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Body Lift Problems
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 11:17 PM
BigNorm

Re: Body Lift Problems

I know a guy with 8" of suspension lift and 3" of body lift and he can't tell the difference. The PITA of body lifts that I've heard is that they break. You also have to move everything up accordingly. The coolest thing about the body lift in my oppinion is the fact that you can raise your tank the same distance and not suffer any ill affects like having to move the filler hole, like I might have to do if I eventually lift my tank through the bed. I think for Mud trucks Body lift and suspension lift is a good combo. For off camber kinda stuff you want to concentrate on keeping the center of gravity as low as you can. I was debating doing the body lift for a long time before I decided I'd just go with the susp. lift and cut the fenders. I plan to do my cutting right before my next tire purchase. Probably the 36" TSL SX or the MTR and I'm leaning towards the MTR more. If I was a single passenger ( I have to keep my wife happy) I'd go with the boggers because I love the way they look and I think they would be awsome offroad. So It'll probably be the MTR's which is a good all around tire for everything and I wont have to go through the same hell I did for going with no muffler. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] NORM

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome