Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - rear disk brakes finally work GOOD
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 12:05 PM
in2mud

Re: rear disk brakes finally work GOOD

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
ever loose a brake line though??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, been there done that on a few differant vehicles.

you dont have ANY brakes anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in theory you still have half of the brakes but I agree there not much. Going down the street you still have enough to stop with enough room but now out 4-wheel'n with large tires and going down hill they will probally just slow you down some but some is still better then nothing, to me anyway.

I have read that a stock zj combination valve from a disk brake zj works really good, but since my jeep stops so well.. I'l probably leave well enough alone

[/ QUOTE ]

If it works I wouldn't mess around changing the valve either but I'd think about just using a tee and bypassing the gutted valve to the fronts or just doing away with the valve altogether while still spliting the system.

I'm not trying to cut down what you did so don't take it that way. Like I said I just wanted to point this out if you didn't know about it. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] I'm glad someone came up with a system that doesn't use those [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] caddy calipers!

BTW what are you using for a e-brake? If nothing, won't California inspections require one?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome