Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Engine Fan clutch operation Q.
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Thats what I thought. but what if they`re hard to turn cold?
[/ QUOTE ]1. If they are hard to turn cold,
2. Then they rob horsepower at lower temps.
3. As the clutch may be partically engaged,
4. Locking the pulley to the fan shaft.
5. It may be a viscous coupling engineering difference.</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
car broke down on I-90 in Spokane and we had to rent a car to get back home
[/ QUOTE ]6. I'm always up for a root-beer or helping people on the freeway,
7. As my wife soon found out,
8. We helped a guy up in the Wasatch front on the night of my marriage...
9. Since then she just rolls her eyes when I roll to a stop to help...
10. She never new what she was gettin' in to...
11. After 29 years, you'd think she'd be gettin' a clue! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]