Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: A half Nutter
1. Pat, welcome to the forum.
2. Thanks for filling out your user profile.
3. Read the New Posters Message at the top of the forum.
4. Participate more often!
5. Two brains are always better'n one!
6. What you propose could do some damage...
7. If you don't have the mixture screws setting correct.
8. If the mixture is too rich you chance washing down the cylinder walls,
9. Leading to engine failure.
10. That's my first concern.
11. If there is an advanced timing problem,
12. On a hill, as example,
13. And it starts to ping,
14. The knock sensor will retard the timing about 2*,
15. To compensate for the ping,
16. But the mixture won't change.
17. That could be a minor problem.
18. Otherwise... I don't think you'd do long term damage.