Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Wierd Timing/Carb/Ignition issue... Don't know...
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
mbalbritton
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Wierd Timing/Carb/Ignition issue... Don\'t know...

since I don't have any hawaiian seat covers.. maybe that's the issue.... [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

as for float stuck or needle stuck in the carb.. maybe, I haven't had a chance to look yet. I have had that happen on the holley i use to have... actually that would happen all the time with that POS. Ususally a dirty needle in the float bowl. but when that would happen it would run rough even if I did increase the rpms. and was most certainly still there if I shutt off and restarted the engine. that's what's wierd to me, it goes away when I do that.

that aspect tends to lead me to something with the timing.. if when I start it it's... out of whack , but nothing the vacuum advance can't remedy with an increase in rpms, and when I shut it off nad restart it falls back in to where it should be???? or am I pulling that out my.......

One thing I did just think of... the only thing I can think of that I've messed with since this started... On my MC2150 float bowl there is a vent tub that comes out the top. when I got the carb and intake, this vent was plugged with a rubber hose and a bolt in the end. I left that alone and had been running it like that since with no problems. This weekend a guy who I think is more knoweldgable on the MC carb, told be to take that bolt out and let the bowl breath.... could this be having an effect and creating my intermitant problem?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome