Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - O/T-FSJ; AMC 360: low idle oil pressure like 258?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 10:12 AM
DanStew
Keyboard Implanted

Re: O/T-FSJ; AMC 360: low idle oil pressure like

It seems to be an AMC thing... and i do not understand. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

My Commando with a 304, has about 55 PSI at start up, and after it warms it drives around with about 25-30, and at idle, about 8, judging by the hash lines on the gauge. I talked about it with members in teh club, and it is just an AMC thing. Low oil pressure is just common, they will run fine like it. A guy in te club went through 2 or 3 rebuilt 360s in his CJ before he found one that kept some oil pressure, but the presvious motors were because of rebuild problems, not the natural low oil pressure. I changed over from the 10w30 to 40 wt. oil. And it seems to like it a bit more, but nothing dramatic. I also used the heavier oil to slow the oil leaks [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I would say just drive it till goes. Keep an eye on the gauge. As long as you have pressure when you are driving, you will be OK.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome