Off Roading Forums banner

Roll Call

11K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  Waters#1A 
#1 ·
Score, BITD , D37, D38. Currently rebuilding 1988 TRX 250r.

#5 ·
I'm thinking about trying a few MX races at the Klamath Motocross track in Keno,Oregon this spring. I'll most likely lose every race I enter, since I don't like getting big air, but think I might do ok on the smoother portions of the course. I really wish somebody would set up some real cross country type races in Oregon, since that's more the type of riding I usually do, dodging trees and stuff,more like a fast trailride with friends. Just looking to have fun anyways. I have a modified '88 Honda 250r

G
#6 ·
Ive been racing flat track (short track) in Spokane, Wa. but the season ended, Ran quad 40+, and quad Am, out of 239 (total riders)I got 5th and my son (15yrs old) got 8th, now we are going to Oakwood arena , just south of Seattle, Wa. to race there last race of the season, will race in the Open four stroke , and the Masters, would LOVE to see them open up the TT track in Tri Cities, Wa. I would run TT every weekend if I could.....I Ride a 01 Raptor, My son (15) is on a 00 Banshee, and my other son (14) is on a 00 Blaster

#7 ·
Have raced in Wickenburg 4th pro, Tucson 2nd S/Pro, Kingman 3rd pro, Lake Havasu (WORCS) 3rd pro.
Cannondale Moto and Suzuki Ltz400
Pro

Plan on racing a series next year.

John

G
#9 ·
AMA DISTRICT 15 MX, RACE MANLY IN THE MIDWEST, LEISURE TIMES, GP HANG TIME, NORTHERN INDIANA A FEW HARE SCRAMBLES,
GONNA TAKE ON THE IRON MAN THIS FALL IN CRAWFORDSVILLE INDIANA. I RACE MY MODDED RAPTOR, AND CR POWERED 250 250R

#10 ·
Spraguepsycho1:

We just finished with a very cool cross country type of course in Washington. It was the WORCS race in Washougal,WA. It would definatly give you some great tree dodging when your not on the VERY COOL motocross part of the track. It doesnt have to many big jumps so you should be ok. There are some big jumps, but it is almost as fast as rolling them, if you can get the speed up to hit them big due to how DEEP the mud is, you will have a bit of an advantage. The KFX 700 was the choice quad for that race. If you got in front of Doug Eichner on his 700 while he got on the gas it sounded like an F-16 taking off.

I ride Project Big Red currently, and will be racing the new YFZ450 very soon. I have been doing WORCS and BITD mostly.

#11 ·
Ill be racing flattrakc thisfall/winter season.My ole man is getting into MX. Just wont his first place MX and is already moving towards pro class on his Predator. If I can gather enough minis,I would like to see a mini class here this fall for rhe wee ones. My kids done the Quad Wars and my Daughter ran the Flattrack once here and loved it.

#12 ·
Where: Vehicles: BITD - Expert
Some GP's - Expert
12 HRS. of America - A class
ITP Quadcross - Over 30 Int.
local MX - Pro

Vehicles: MX - "Attitude" aluminum frame TRX 250r
- all Teixeira Tech suspension components (a- arms, stem, swingarm, etc...) w/Axis Shocks
- 330 CT PV motor
Desert: Vehicles: Desert: - Same as above, but w/Desert suspension
- 250 or 310 CT PV motor

G
#13 ·
CT-TRX310R (For Sale)
2004 YFZ450F
I race Senior Pro in Arizona with Whiplash (#21)
Whiplash 30+ expert champ last year
Occasionally race BITD in Expert class(2002- Adelanto, Baja Mex 300)
Raced the SCORE Baja250 and Baja 1000 (1995-1997)
I plan to do more big races next year.
Would like to hit a WORCS and ITP-QX race next year, but realy want to try some GNCC. I like em' tight and technical!
Jeff Henson

G
#14 ·
Once I'm more familiar with my new ride, I'll be doing some local MX, if I get into better shape (and have time & cash) I'd like to get into more hair scrambles & GP. I'm just a local nobody in the 2-stroke B/C class. I've scored 2 3rd place finishes in local scrambles in the 250 class on my suzuki LT250R(sold).

G
#15 ·
B. Ciptak - Pro Rider
Currently #2 in the WORCS Series (west) Pro Class
DesertToyz Honda 415EX

I've been racing a Cannondale Moto for the past 2 years, but have recently switched to a DTZ Honda 415EX and have had much success on this bike. We just finished 6th in the BITD Vegas to Reno in the Pro Class. Fun race, kind of flat and open, but still fun!

Thanks,
Brandon Ciptak

#17 ·
I race itp, D37 desert and gp's, National Hare and Hound Races, and mx. I plan on doing a few bitd races next year and maybe vegas 200 this year. Also I may do a few WORC's races. I don't know how you BITD races can afford to race the whole series. I am trying to scrape together money.

#18 ·
Phil, not quite sure how we manage to get the money for all the races, but it just happens. It does help though that our third team mate is more than willing to pay for his part of the entry fee and any thing else required.

We have been racing BITD in the Amatuer class(Q62.) Currently we are winning the points in that class. We also just won the Vegas To Reno in Amatuer Class. Due too this win Casey has given us the privelage to move up to the Expert Class. So in the Baja Mex 300,watch out Experts, Team ORC is comin!!

We also have started doing the WORCS races this year.

Most of this is old news to most people. Just mostly wanted to say that we've moved up to Expert.

G
#19 ·
Team ORC in the expert class next year!!
I don't guess you guys would be up for a little rivalry, print mag vs. online mag? Would make a good article. Seriously though, I'm looking forward to racing with you guys next year!
Our Vegas To Reno article will be in our next issue. We included a section on your win there that mainly focuses on Justin and includes a link to his race article on ORC.

I'll be at BajaMex..not racing though. The new YFZ's won't even be close to ready by then. But we'll be getting race photos for a future article- possibly a racer profile. I'll also be helping out with pitting some other teams- Kirk Schreier, Shiloh Strunk and Josh Edwards (expert quad). If you guys need any pit help, just throw some tires and fuel jugs at us.

Jeff Henson

#20 ·
Jeff,

You must not have understood we will finish the year in Expert Class. You won't have to wait till next year to race with us in Expert.

Don't think we would mind a friendly rivalry as long as it doesn't get serious.

Thank you for featuring me in your magazine. We always need more exposure.

G
#21 ·
I understood and I read your article, I was just referring to next year because WE won't be racing any BITD events until then. No serious rivalry either, we just race because we enjoy it, win or lose.

Some interesting info I thought I might pass on to you about the Whiplash series in AZ. Whiplash is looking to increase the length of their races to 200+ miles each. You can Iron Man or race as a team. A new Grand Prix series will also be introduced in 2004. I know you guys live to far away to race Whiplash now, but thought you might be interested in the info.

Jeff Henson

#22 ·
Hey Jeff, great news about Whiplash, thanks for the info. We will be doin a few select races as well.Nothing serious though but just having fun. Dont think we will be doing a full season with any particular race series though. That may change if we get some sponsership but now its just a few guys going out to the desert. Was planning on the Parker race but my riding partner wants to do the Las Vegas 200 so maybe will do both
. He just posted on here as desertratt. I really want to do the Baja 500 next year so that will be the focus after the LV200. I think the bottom line is we just really enjoy desert racing. Great group of people in the sport.
Marc Choquette

G
#24 ·
Hey Dean this is Mitch Canepa. Come look me up at the next NDRA race. We will also be at the night race this saturday. I will be on my little red rocket with the number 10c on it. Dont forget to come and race the 2003 Searchlight GP. first year for quads but lots of fun. Not your same old whooped out over run race course. Later....

#25 ·
Mitch,this is Dean's son. If you haven't heard yet we have moved to Oregon. I doubt we will come all the way down just for an NDRA race. Especially after the last one of Terrys courses. Wouldn't reccommend them to beginner quad riders even though thats what his races are supposed to be geared to, beginners.

G
#26 ·
I run the 100 yrd sand drags......OORA and nwsda.....man you guys have won some serious races....since you are new to OR. maybe you can come to riddle Or on the 24th25th and 26th...we are putting on a atv only drag race...free vender area...Marc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.