Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: How much compression is enough?
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
How do you know that it was only backfiring on two cylinders?
[/ QUOTE ]1. I don't know.
2. I'm only taking information a applying logic to it.
3. There's been no indication of where the bacfiring is occuring.
4. However, if the exhaust valves are burned on 1 & 3 enough,
5. To keep them open,
6. Bacfiring could occur in the exhaust manifold.
7. It may very well be backfiring intermittenly.
8. And I missed the fact it's a V engine,
9. Which would make one think the head gakset could be blown,
10. Between 1 & 3.