Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Relay Questions (Jump in here Leve!)
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2003, 03:43 PM
thejunker

Re: Relay Questions (Jump in here Leve!)

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
You have waaay too much time on your hands

[/ QUOTE ]

I used a program that I used in college, so the diagram was pretty fast to make, as I know the software well.

2) Don't connect grounds back to the battery. Just use the ground symbol as you did in other spots. Less confusing.
3) Either "dot" the connection points or "jump" the cross-over lines. Otherwise it's a little confusing where lines cross if they connect or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I was kinda in a hurry and let the program make all the connections. After looking at it again, it did kinda look jumbled.

You've drawn double-throw switches with common side to hot, switched side to ground/load. What you want is a simple single throw switch (or just leave the second side of the doulbe unconnected). Otherwise you'll be shorting to ground. Ditto on the relays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I was not sure about the switches (been a long time since I have done circuit design). I knew the relays were wrong, but it was the only symbol I had in my library (STDP Relay, 5-pin), so I just used those.

4) Don't load through an LED. Standard LED should have about 10mA current.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. I have a panel that has the led's already set up this way (with the resistor), so I just threw them in, kinda fogot about the full load I had on them. (Maybe that's why my simulator was griping about overload) [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've attached a modified version of your diagram.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, that really clears things up and helps me understand this a little better. Hopefully I can find my smartCard for my camera, and I will post some pics when I get this all done.

Cheers! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome