Best 50CC Quad? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > ATVs, Quads and Four-Wheelers > Youth ATV

Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2001, 09:54 PM
Just Plain Need A Life

w3tadmin has a brilliant future at ORCw3tadmin has a brilliant future at ORCw3tadmin has a brilliant future at ORCw3tadmin has a brilliant future at ORCw3tadmin has a brilliant future at ORCw3tadmin has a brilliant future at ORCw3tadmin has a brilliant future at ORCw3tadmin has a brilliant future at ORCw3tadmin has a brilliant future at ORCw3tadmin has a brilliant future at ORCw3tadmin has a brilliant future at ORC
Default Best 50CC Quad?

With the huge number of new Youth Quads now avilable, who makes the best 50cc Quad?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2001, 10:10 PM
raptor_rider

Default Re: Best 50CC Quad?

In my book Yamaha is the best

Ride hard, Lifes short
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-21-2001, 07:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yamaha currently does not have a 50cc quad. And their new Raptor 80 is basically a "rebadged" Badger. It'd be great if they did since Yamaha is like you said, at least one of the best.

Old 10-21-2001, 08:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

It really depends alot on what type of riding you (he/she) intends on doing. Check out http://www.off-road.com/atv/kidskorner for a 50cc quad comparison.

Old 11-04-2001, 02:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yamaha is the best i think for all rides it just depends on the model

Old 11-05-2001, 05:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If your looking for a really good 50cc or 90cc kids quad, find a Polaris dealer near you and check out there new ones. They just started making kid quads. I have two and both are great. Fully automatic trani's, adjustable throttle limiters, and good power when you want. Good Luck hope you find what you want.

Old 11-08-2001, 03:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

have a'01 polaris sporstman 90, took the dealer 5 months to figure out that the spark plug boot was bad, now it runs awesome

Old 11-08-2001, 03:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

have a'01 polaris sporstman 90, took the dealer 5 months to figure out that the spark plug boot was bad, now it runs awesome

Old 12-03-2001, 03:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I really don't want to start a Ford vs. Chevy argument here but I have spent alot of time working with the many youth atv's on the market. I researched them for racing purposes and decided on only one in the end. It may sound biased so I will ask anyone with qualified, researched information to add their opposing view.
Kasea is the best looking and best performing youth atv on the market. Currently 50 and 90cc atvís s are marketed by Suzuki, Eton, Polairs, Aeon (Alpha Sports), Sundiro, T-Rex, Jehm, Kasea, Bombardier, Husky, Extreme Machine, Artic Cat, Yerf Dog, Manco, Dinli Helix (has an untested reverse feature), LEM and other manufacturers. Of the many atv manufacturers, Kasea offers features that go beyond the ďother guys.Ē Virtually all of the youth atvís are equipped with fully automatic CVT transmissions and a 2 stroke oil injected engine, the features that make Kasea superior to other youth atvís begin here:

Front suspension
The Kasea front suspension is much stronger than that Eton, Polairs, Aeon (Alpha Sports), Sundiro, T-Rex, Jehm, Bombardier, Husky, Extreme Machine, Artic Cat, Yerf Dog, Manco, Dinli Helix, LEM and some other manufacturers. The Kasea uses a double clevis style knuckle holder rather than the more common single holder. We believe that only Suzuki uses the same strong design as Kasea on the front suspension a-arms.

Rear suspension
The Kasea has the strongest youth atv rear swing arm and axle design on the market. It is a copy of the trusted design used by Yamaha on their performance atvís since the early 1980ís. No other youth atv has this strong of a rear suspension Ė it is simply the best. Many of the other youth atvís donít even offer a true sport atv style rear axle. We have found most youth atvís have a rear axle that is a thin metal shaft covered with tubing. Not only is the tube covered design weaker, it allows water to easily enter the carrier bearing area. Other youth atvís such as the Suzuki LT-80 and an Eton atv model do not even use a traditional rear swing arm. They elected to make the engine and transmission serve as the rear swing arm. The Suzuki and Eton design causes handling problems and is very difficult to modify for increased performance. On the Polaris and a few other models, the rear swing arm, although slightly longer, is too weak to be considered adequate.

Shock absorbers
Kasea built their atvís with true rebound dampening Showa shocks that also feature compression preload spring adjusters. The only other youth atv that we have found that has a similar rear shock is Bombardier. Not even Suzuki has a good rear shock. This is a very important safety feature that is often overlooked. When the Kasea is ridden over a large sudden bump, the rebound dampening helps prevent the atv from ďbuckingĒ forward as the shock returns to its normal height.

Braking system
Kasea offers a traditional rear foot brake in addition to the front hand brake. This will allow your young rider to learn the proper use of hand and foot controls so they will be ready to advance to a full size atv with a manual clutch without relearning their riding technique. Some models such as the Blazer and Bombardier use full size levers that are hard for little hands to properly grip. We will point out that the T-Rex, Manco, Sundiro and Yerf Dog have a rear disc brake but we feel that the drum brake in the youth market is sufficient for even racing needs.

Optional lighting
We believe that only the Kasea is equipped with a 80 watt lighting coil and is pre-wired for lighting from the factory. All you need to do is purchase the Kasea lighting set that is found as standard equipment on the Kasea 150 atv or simply mount your own lights to the existing wiring. The key switch uses a third position to turn on the lights. Kasea even pre wired for a rear safety light and lighting for your whip antenna. No other youth atv on the market has this much lighting capability. If you want to add lighting to the Suzuki LT80, you will need a special electrical stator and wiring at a substantial cost. LT80 lighting kits that run off the battery only will result in a dead battery and a long walk home.

Starting
Kasea, like most other youth atvís, offers electric starting with a manual back up kick starter and a fully automatic choke. Kasea studied the other atvís and took the ease of starting one step further. They added an automatic fuel valve. When the engine starts, the fuel is automatically turned on. When the engine stops, the fuel is automatically shut off. In comparison, the Suzuki and LEM have manual chokes and all other youth atvís have manual fuel valves. We also note that if you want to add a manual back up starter to the Suzuki, it is a pull rope recoil starter that will cost an additional $80. In the unlikely event that you ever need a replacement electric starter for the Kasea, it will cost about $50 and can be installed in 5 minutes. The Suzuki starter costs about $250 and will require hours of labor to complete the installation.

Rim sizes
Here, you can easily install replacement rims of your choice! The front hubs use the common 4/110 bolt pattern (Honda) and the rear uses the common 4/100 bolt pattern (Blaster).

General Parts
Since most of the youth atv engines are similar, finding parts is usually not a problem. If you need gaskets, air filters, batteries, spark plugs, chain, tires or some basic engine components, Eton, Polairs, Aeon (Alpha Sports), Sundiro, T-Rex, Jehm, Kasea, Bombardier, Husky, Extreme Machine, Artic Cat, Yerf Dog, Manco, Dinli Helix, will interchange. The Blazer, T-Rex, Bombardier, Yerf Dog, Manico and Polaris have a longer drive belt and side case cover though.

Performance
From an aftermarket standpoint, I have the performance modifications for your youth atv. As your child grows, so will his/her ability to control more power. Instead of placing your child on a larger atv that can be dangerous for a younger rider to properly control, modifying a youth atv will provide the challenge that your child desires. I have replacement large bore cylinders, ported cylinders, custom billet aluminum cylinder heads, special over range transmissions, custom exhaust systems, performance carburetors, performance reeds, lighting kits, ignition systems, extended swing arms, wider a-arms, shock absorber kits and various tire and rim options.

Old 12-04-2001, 06:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Raptor.... I have been researching this youth ( and adult) quad market for about a month now. Personally I'm a 2 wheeler and race enduro's, so I dont have much experience in the quad market.

In my search for a quad for my 6 year old and for my wife, I have found that 90% of the asain brand quads are almost identical, outside of the few differences you mentioned. I dont see my 6 year old hiting the racing circuit anytime soon so I dont have any concerns of racing it, but I do want a solid machine.

I have decided on the Polaris scrambler 400 for my wife to ride, due to it being fully automatic and a very plush ride,and figured I would just go ahead and get the scrambler 50 to match moms. Again, all of the 50's are so alike. I did like the discs on the T-rex..but not a big deal in my eyes. I havent seen the Kasea as of yet, but was told it's a perfect replica of the Blazer. One thing I didnt like there was the lack of the full foot gaurd. Even though they do have the foot brake in it's place.

Bottom line... since you seem to be so well versed in the mini quads, do you feel the polaris is a bad move even for a recreational 6 year old girl ? Are there maintenance or reliablity issues I should know of ?

Thanks for your input

Sponsored Links
Advertisement