SCRAMBLER 50 CHEAP MODS - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > ATVs, Quads and Four-Wheelers > Youth ATV

Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2002, 11:15 AM
rodd1

Default SCRAMBLER 50 CHEAP MODS

MY PARENTS BOUGHT IT FOR MY SONS 6 AND 10 TOOK THE EXHAUST PIPE
RESTRICTER OF IS THERE ANY OTHER MODS I CAN DO NEED MORE LO END FOR LONG HILLS WE RUN TOP END IS FINE IT IS ONLY 1 WEEK OLD ANY
HELP THANKS
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2002, 12:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: SCRAMBLER 50 CHEAP MODS

The biggest problem I have with the Scrambler is their fully incorporated rpm limiter system. I am working on a cheap (near free) mod sheet on how to remove this useless system. Keep your eyes open for the info soon.

On the other mods, CHEAP means you can pull that funky air shorkel out of the air box or simply install a K&N RU-200 air filter;
Change the spark plug to a B8HS;
Pull the carb and open the main jet using number drills -- until the engine can take full throttle witout falling on its face (the K&N will allow a bigger jet size);

Moving to the "almost" cheap mods,
Pull the head and mill it so that you have a .040" clearance between the quench area of the head and piston;
Remove the reed block and bend out slightly on the reed that faces the front of the atv.

After you find that those mods were not quite enough,
go with one of my special deck height 70cc cylinders (bolts on no problems);
Add a pipe!!!!!!
Talk to me about some transmission mods to really make it move!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-10-2002, 10:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

MY LITTLE GIRL RIDES A SCRAMBLER 90 CAN YOU,AND HOW DO YOU TAKE THE EXHAUST RESTRICTER OFF. ALSO I AM UNABLE TO FIND A REFRENCE TO THE BEFORE MENTIONED; K&N FILTER,TO REPLACE THE STOCK ELEMENT ON THE 90?
Old 06-10-2002, 01:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The foregoing mods only apply to the 50cc model, especially the head mod as the 90cc head MUST be replaced completely.

The K&N filter "RU-200" can be ordered from any shop that sells K&N. Heck, you can order it from Kragen Autoparts. If you want to have it shipped with an outterwear, call Trinity Racing. 714-632-3434.
On the 90, remove the restrictor sleeve located above the carb slide, add the K&N and drill the main jet to .032" to start. Your next mods would include a pipe, head and cylinder height change.
Old 06-11-2002, 10:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

For parts for the 50 and 90cc Scramblers contact Billy Holt @WRH Racing 251-675-9906.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

bought my 7 year old a 50cc scrambler. she loves it. the promblem is; she has already out-grown it. I need to make it faster! I've already removed the snorkle and opened the box a bit. I've also punched-out the baffles inside the muffler and added more air to the tires(20lbs. to rear, 15lbs. to front). I still need to remove the restrictor plate on exhaust pipe(if there is one?) and add a K&N air filter(can,t find "RU-200", is that an old #?). also, what is the gap for spark plug you recommeded? I'm also looking into changing the front sprocket. any other advise?
Old 07-27-2002, 01:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Trinity Racing http://www.trinity racing.com has the air filters. On the sprocket issue, just go and get the stock Scrambler 90cc front sprocket. When you add the air filter, you will find that you need to enlarge the main jet once again.
Old 08-03-2002, 08:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

you talk about drilling the main jet. how's that done?
Old 08-04-2002, 02:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Simple. (Caveat -- some people will tell you that drilling your jet is not accurate and that it will cause problems. I say BS. If the engine runs properly with the selected hole size, there are no problems. Besides, Mikuni does not supply jets for the VM17. HINT -- Holley main jets fit!!)

Take the carb off the engine. Remove the float bowl. Remove the main jet. Drill it using a 60-80 number drill set. Depending on the mods, I would start with a .032" drill, raise the needle one notch and see if the engine accepts full throttle. If it does not, go one size bigger until full throttle is achieved. Next check the spark plug to confirm jetting.
Old 08-04-2002, 09:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

WRH Racing has the main jets you require in stock. (251)675-9906
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.