Where to ride in Eastern PA - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > General Off-Road > Where to go Off-Roading

Where to go Off-Roading Post all discussion on where to trail ride or find a local club.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2004, 02:29 PM
kxcrazy

Default Where to ride in Eastern PA

Hello,

I am located in the Lehigh Valley in PA and am wondering about legal places to ride with my 6 year old son?

Anyone know of any places where riding is allowed?

thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2004, 04:54 AM
Old Hand

MY2ND78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to ride in Eastern PA

Paragon Adventure Park in Hazelton and Rausch Creek Off-Road Park. It's 50 miles south of Paragon, but I forgot the town.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Old Hand

MouseMotor is an unknown quantity at this point

Pine Lands, NJ

off rt 206
Old 01-31-2006, 02:17 PM
danno777

I've heard that park rangers in the pine lands have been cracking down on 4-wheelers. Apparently, off-roaders are receiving tickets for driving through puddles and what-not. Any truth to this? Do we face an anti-4x4 sentiment amongst the New Jersey State Park Rangers?

Do many stock-jeep owners go to places like Paragon or Rausch Creek? When I look at the website, I see pictures of some pretty serious rigs.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Old Hand

the hard trails are closed off. but for the most parts the roads are open to public use. you get tickets for going into closed off areas.

i think the rangers close trails off for good reason. some people go in there with boggers and see how big a hole they can dig while others get stuck and need the ranger to come rescue them.

if you know where to go there are hard trails, that are legal. at least no ranger has told me not to go there. every time i run across a ranger 4 wheeling i pull off to the side of the road and let them pass. they always give me a smile and a big wave.

many other Green groups are trying to shut down the pines, but the rangers are friendly. at least to me.

for me staying legal is not a problem. i know where the legal mud holes are, so the rangers don't bother me.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Enthusiast

haireball is an unknown quantity at this point

The first weekend every month Pargon has a guided ride. you can take a stock vehicle on their rides. they split you up based on what your vehicle can do and your ability.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Old Hand

Paragon requires that you have 3 trucks in a group if you plan on going off on your own.

Good rule for safety, it just can be hard to get 3 friends together with 3 good trucks to do something on the same weekend.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:23 PM

TRkilla is on a distinguished road

did you ever ride on xit 74 off the parkway in nj?
Old 11-10-2009, 10:45 PM

explorerguy89 is on a distinguished road

anyone that still ride the pineys let me no when your gonna go cause i love to ride there and would like to go as a group especially once i get my 31-10.5-15 kumho road venture mts on haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement