mudding in jax,fl - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > General Off-Road > Where to go Off-Roading

Where to go Off-Roading Post all discussion on where to trail ride or find a local club.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2002, 09:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default mudding in jax,fl

yeah,i don't have 4WD or anything on my Jeep (88 cherokee) but i would love to go mudding somewhere without being too scared i would get stuck in the mud or running into something my Jeep can't handle. I know it sounds lame but I gotta start somewhere, right? Any suggestions?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2002, 12:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: mudding in jax,fl

Do they even have mud in Fl, lol. Anyways hit the sand, but as far as 4x4 goes your gonna need it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-04-2003, 08:41 AM
Enthusiast

Joshua is an unknown quantity at this point

we got small mud holes in alabama, well southern alabama Fort Rucker. I just moved here and already found acouple small mud trails and then a big mud hole i had to get stuck in, but if you likely areas to offroad just takes patience and looking around town, oh and after it rains!! good luck [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Attached Files
File Type: art 987894-twisted.art (5.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 01-16-2003, 07:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

meet at the gas station east of I - 95 at the airport exit sunday morning around 10 am. Usally 10-15 trucks go to the borrow pit behind the station and have fun.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:32 PM
beerstash

Nice looking truck! How did you do the snorkel?
Old 01-18-2003, 10:35 AM
Enthusiast

Well I found a rubber and hose company that makes a very durable chemical resistant hose 3 1/2 inchs in diameter about 8 1/2 feet. took the air cleaner and attatched the hose and sealed it up, then with a 3 1/2 drill plate drilled through the driver side fender. ran the hose out there then drilled about 6 holes running up the fender and frame on the side of the windshield and got zip ties with a hole for screws and screwed the zip ties in the holes then zip tied the hose up. On top of the truck running under my light bar and to a cylindrical K&N air filter. Looks pretty good for homemade work, i get compliments on it all the time soon as i get the pics back and scan them i will put them up on the board.
Old 01-21-2003, 12:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Where is this snorkel you are talking about? I looked at the attachment and did not notice one.
Old 01-21-2003, 03:49 PM
Enthusiast

I added it right after christmas hopefully i will post pictures by this weekend. We were offroading all weekend down here and the pictures are on that role.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was wondering why he asked "how did you do the snorkel?" But I have answered my own question (I noticed that the signature on your name stated -a newly added snorkel-.)
Old 01-26-2003, 09:33 AM
Enthusiast

I'm waiting on the film now, but heres a polaroid of the snorkel. The other pics will be more in detail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1008153-File0001.jpg (65.1 KB, 26 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.