BMX (Chinese) 500cc UTVs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > UTVs and Side-by-Sides > UTV Lounge

UTV Lounge General Utility Terrain Vehicle discussions, hanging out and sharing tips.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 04:20 PM
larrydaytona

Default BMX (Chinese) 500cc UTVs

Does anybody have one of the 500cc 4x4 BMX models? If so,
What are your experiences and thoughts about the
Machine.. I am extremely thinking to purchase one.
Larrydaytona:
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 09:46 AM
cmcusn

Received ours couple of weeks ago, now have over 400 kms on it. I'll tell you one thing, the folks at BestPriceATVs, are very good and will keep you informed on your purchase. You aren't charged anything until you have received your unit. Assembly wasn't any real challenge, but if you are not mechanically inclined get someone who is to assist you. (recommend going to a dealer and look the way the units are packaged) Concerning the unit itself, I'd recommend it. The major components are pretty much the same as the major brands. These units are considered "China lites", why I don't know. If you take this unit to a rally you might get some crap from the owners of Rhinos and Rangers, their complaint would be on the line of their manufactures contributes to trails, safety requirements, and education on proper riding. If this is your first unit, and not sure if you would like this sport, get it, so if you decide this isn't for you, then if may be easier to recoup your money. We really enjoy our unit, has all the power we need, easy to drive and handle, and fun to drive. We take on trails here in SE AZ where we have 45 acres, built our house. All we do is open the garage and right into the National Forest.
Finally I recommend going to a couple of dealers, and 1) look underneath take pictures of the suspension, transmission, steering, 2)price out the options, windshield, radio, lights, hitch, winch, 3)ask to observe the assembly of one, 4) compare all this info to pics on BestPrice Atvs.
I will be more than happy to answer any questions you still might have.
Will
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stuff 004.jpg (100.1 KB, 11 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-13-2008, 03:14 PM
wildmud

i am looking at some Chinese made ATV also in T-Motorsports. Does anyone know anything about them?

Last edited by writeforus; 10-13-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:57 AM

ytdriver is on a distinguished road
Default mOre BMX 500 information

After another 3 months how is the Chineese BMX 500 holding up? Have you had any problems with it? Would you buy one again? Please let me know. Dave
Old 12-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Aprentice

Mr_RPM is on a distinguished road

dont buy any chinese UTVs
they are all junk

the money ur gonna spend on fixing it will be more than a nice used rhino

or any used non chinese UTV

and when the chinese machine is 100% working it will be very slow
handle very bad
and be a all around worse machine compared to a nice used (and new just yes they arnt cheap) non chinese UTV
buy a used rhino or ranger (they will have the best used deals being the most popular and been around the longest)

Last edited by Mr_RPM; 12-09-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:37 PM
cmcusn

ours is great, just gave it its first service and found nothing wrong, we really enjoy out unit
Old 01-25-2009, 05:39 PM
cmcusn

yea I think if we needed another unit we would buy one of these, people having problems with them are most likely changing from 2 to 4 wheel drive and locking diffs while on the move, spend the moeny for it and think that if its isn't what you want it would be easy to unload without much loss...........
Old 02-23-2010, 05:45 PM

We live in Benson. How close are we? Can we come see your machine or will you let us call? My Private e mail is ytdriver@gmail.com Thanks Dave
Old 02-26-2010, 12:45 PM

Default Chinese bmx 500 from bestbuy

Any new information about these machines? How do they hold up? What breaks? Are they any good or just junk? Opions from owners please. Dave
Old 03-04-2010, 09:06 AM

Default More on bmx 500

Well, we spent the money and traveled to dallas to see first hand the 'bmx 500' utv being sold by "best price atv". This firm has a lot of complaints filed with the "better business bureau" in texas. Over one third of the complaints have not been satisfied. Most complaints center around parts availability and missed shipping dates. On first contact, the machines look ok. The colors are not at all as represented in the catalog or in the internet add. Close inspection shows where the money difference is! Components are smaller, fit and finish is not great and service access is terrible. To check the oil one must be a contortionist! The "cfmoto" engine started easily and ran well. The shift mechanism was difficult to move in and out of the selected gear range. The unit ran ok in 2 and 4 wheel drive but could not be steered in a turn in 4 wheel locked condition. What appears to be a roll protection unit is a back to front bar on each side of the vehicle that is connected only on top by the plastic roof. I would be very afraid of a roll over situation. The front hood does not tilt for inspection or service of the front components. There is no oil cooler and the radiator is quite small for the application. I would be concerned when operating where i live...arizona. One feature that bothered me a lot was the steering setup. The steering bar and joints are located in front of the 'a' frams and in fact would be the first contact with rocks or any material under the utv. Other utv's on the market place the steering arm above or behind the axel-a frame unit. Upon our return to arizona, we again looked at the 'yahama rhino' and at the 'arctic cat prowler'. For our application these units match our needs best. Honestly, there is no comparison. If you want a toy to play with, the chinese machine may work. If you want a serious utv that you can rely on and feel safe in...then that is a different animal. The old addage really applies in this case..."you get what you pay for!" we bought two "yahama rhino" machines...2009 models, and we are extremely happy. We hope that our ranting in this forum will help others with their decision. Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.