Where are all U old timers posting? - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Toyota SUV's & Trucks Discussion of Toyota Pickup Trucks and 4-Runner SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Keyboard Implanted

just thought I'd drop in here to say what's up
yeah, still have the old '87 4wd, but it's on errand/home repair/hauling duties mostly these days, and the leisure time activities have shifted to motorcycles

I, too, remember when this was the go to place and there would be loads of activity on this forum. in some ways, this forum spoiled me for forums on other subjects. I find that most of the posters here were very forthcoming with information and specific details. it's one of the things that irks me about other forums, people who chime in just to say, "me too", or posting stuff that's irrelevant, or thinking they're contributing to something, but not really posting anything meaningful.

anyway, haha, I think I'm probably good for another year or so now, haha

hope all you FF's are doing well!

msg - '87 xtracab - underexposed
flickr.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Journeyman

I just saw the off-road link from FourWheeler. Brought me back here. Ive been on mud and local sites from Denver lately.

1989, 4:88, Lockright/True Trac, NWOR 4" rear/ All Pro 5" Solid Axle Swap
post #13 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

pirate4 and local dirtbike stuff

*** "Make a little bird house in your soul" ***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 AM
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

pirate... local TN forum... Hardline Crawlers... that's about it these days.
post #15 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Mud in my Veins

Yotas Unite!

Hi Guys, thanks for sharing your thoughts and memories of how things once were here on Off-Road.com.

I'm glad you're active on other Toyota specific sites, one of them a sister site (Pirate4x4).

Don't forget to stop by from time to time, help out a fellow wheeler, especially if it's a Toyota. We're in the minority, so any wisdom or insight you can add will help out others.

As for the great tech content you describe, it's still there. Best way to get to it is by doing a search. I know, its different than it used to be, but you can still reference old Toyota tech articles on Off-Road.com

Start here Toyota Truck Features, Reviews and Tech Articles.

Thanks for making Off-Road.com what it is today. Hope you guys stop in from time to time, comment on articles, and tell us what you want to read or see.

Cheers!

DezertScorpion
post #16 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

No, gave up the carbs two years ago , just got sick of them . Guess it's been awhile since I've been here . Just got a pm about tuning a 40DCNF for a guy up in the Chicago area ....????
Been hanging out in the IH8MUD forum and own a '77 FJ40 - serious work in progress-type stuff....
Sarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Holland View Post
Its archived here:

Off Road Toyota Forum - Weber 32/36DGV verses the Weber 38DGES

are you still tuning Webers?

Midwest Performance Parts
Weber Modifications/Rebuilds & Parts
post #17 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Holy hot ca-ca Batman!! WTFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodta View Post
just thought I'd drop in here to say what's up
yeah, still have the old '87 4wd, but it's on errand/home repair/hauling duties mostly these days, and the leisure time activities have shifted to motorcycles

I, too, remember when this was the go to place and there would be loads of activity on this forum. in some ways, this forum spoiled me for forums on other subjects. I find that most of the posters here were very forthcoming with information and specific details. it's one of the things that irks me about other forums, people who chime in just to say, "me too", or posting stuff that's irrelevant, or thinking they're contributing to something, but not really posting anything meaningful.

anyway, haha, I think I'm probably good for another year or so now, haha

hope all you FF's are doing well!

Wow.... I haven't been on any Toy sites for a loooooonggggg time. The last time I posted on Pirate 4X4 I got some infantile BS from that penis breath "moderator" Steve, so decided I wasn't going to waste my time anymore. It's ironic that I was posting some very techy information about iridium spark plugs. But.... apparently those tiny-peckered, 2-digit I.Q'd pinheads are still enjoying their moronic replies. I just don't have time for morons, idiots, retards, and people who obviously have no life and just hide behind their keyboards and pathetic wasted words of slander and disgrace - they have zero self-respect!!

I see there are some older posts from the "old timers". Yeah... this was THE place to be back 10-12 years ago. It was arguably a place to get some brilliant information from some very very knowledgeable Toyota owners. I learned more here about my Toy trucks than any site I've ever been on. I truly appreciated the bantering, humor, genius, incredible knowledge, experiences, ideas, and sometimes worthless, but really fascinating opinions, that were shared here by many good and caring people. It's a bummer that it disappeared.

gNARLS

Last edited by Gnarly4X; 01-12-2013 at 10:25 AM.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Yes, I think a lot of the loss of posters is probably related to the loss of all the technical content that used to live in the old off-road.com/toyota section. Some of it was moved over to the newer site format, but so much of it was not transferred and it is lost unless you can find an old copy some place. And ORC used to go out and actively recruit authors for content. Back in the day I wrote a review article for them. But with no new (or old) content, nobody checks in much anymore.
post #19 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Gone baby gone!

I just dropped by this morning to see what was happening.

Not much!

gNARLS
post #20 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 08:37 AM
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

Wandered my way back in here...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode