Speaker replacement help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Toyota SUV's & Trucks Discussion of Toyota Pickup Trucks and 4-Runner SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Speaker replacement help

I am new here and want to say Hello to all the members. I am feeling very glad to be a part of this forum. So much useful information here to read and learn. Well, I have a Toyota Tundra DC with the non JBL stereo. I am planning to replace all 4 door speakers as well as adding a 4 channel amp. Just wondering what's the best/easiest place to tie in the 4 channel line level converter? I am not good with car audio, so need your help to do this task.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Addict

as i understand it, the factory speaker wiring is not large enough to handle amplified signal, so you would need to run larger wire from the amp to the new speakers. ask around at your local stereo shops for advice, and while you are there, for install quotes. I'm not bad with wires, but stereo work is always a long project, wedged into uncomfortable positions.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stump runner View Post
as i understand it, the factory speaker wiring is not large enough to handle amplified signal, so you would need to run larger wire from the amp to the new buy speakers . ask around at your local stereo shops for advice, and while you are there, for install quotes. I'm not bad with wires, but stereo work is always a long project, wedged into uncomfortable positions.
Speakers project have always been a troubling project. I have been working for last two weekends and hope it will be completed this weekend.

Last edited by Skelxom; 03-23-2013 at 12:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode