Wow!! Where is everyone?? - Page 5 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Toyota SUV's & Trucks Discussion of Toyota Pickup Trucks and 4-Runner SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Hey Jerod,

Wow... We've been around awhile, huh. I haven't been wheel'n at all, but been putz'n with my 86. I still have some things I want to do to it. It's running really well. I put in a set front brake pad this past week end. Took me about 30 minutes, cost me $14.00. I bleed the brakes twice and adjusted the rear shoes up, got nice pedal now.

Regarding your Runner, I love how we can take an old Toy and resurrect it from a hard life and sometimes a hard death and transform it into a project and give it a new life with a "loving" owner! It's a thing of beauty!

It's kinda like the hot rodders who find an old rusty shell out in a pasture in Kansas and takes it home and builds it into a thing of beauty.

Speaking of rods, if you are really into car shows, and if you ever want to spend a really fun 3 or 4 days, check out the Run to the Sun car show in Lake Havasu City, AZ. It's one of the largest west of the Mississippi. It's on a golf course in mid October. The weather is usually beautiful and there are over 1,000 vehicles from 1972 and earlier. On Thursday night the cars park in the middle of the town and its one big party. Friday night there's a sock hop with the a live band playing the oldies, Saturday and Sunday you get to walk around and see lots and lots of car-candy and other eye-candy! (I love old trucks, perky tits and tight butts!)

Check it out here: Relics & Rods

gNARLS

Last edited by Gnarly4X; 06-23-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly4X View Post
Gee, as our economy shrinks, so does our Toy page??!!
Wow... checked out the Toyota Truck page this morning. NOT one Toyota Truck section post!!.. out of 177 posts!!

The good 'ol days have come and gone. This used to be the hottest and most debated techy site anywhere. The Toy Truck section always had more posts and activity

Well... where I live I've seen so many Toyota trucks and Runners being towed or hauled south, it's hard to image any old Toys left in Arizona!!

Just for poops & giggles I jumped on AutoTrader, searched for Toy Trucks from 1981 to 1985, and looked for ANY DISTANCE... only 6 ads poped up!!!! Then I searched for just 4-wheel drives!!.... Only 2 ads appeared!!

Our old Toys are all in Mexico!!!

That's just my worthless opinion.

gNARLS

Last edited by Gnarly4X; 10-31-2011 at 06:48 AM.
post #43 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Addict

Sad really. I'm seeing fewer older trucks (all brands) around here also. It seemed to start around the time cash for clunkers program was going on, but has continued since then. Everybody is driving newer econo boxes. Guessing that they traded in their "fun" for some monthly payments and paying for them with the money they save in gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I'm still here, sort of .
Finally bought a lathe, that's a bit scary as now I can't hardly remember all the things I wanted to make....
It has come in handy though, already made a few parts to keep my 1967 Wheel Horse running .

I do have some good news - sold the '07 Dodge Dakota. I liked the truck, but too pretty to be taking to work or wheeling it and the thing has started to rust like it's a career.
Bought a Corolla in amazing shape at 143,000 miles, that thing I swear makes gas.

Best news, bought another truck !
It will come home Monday, pics coming soon...
Sarge

Midwest Performance Parts
Weber Modifications/Rebuilds & Parts
post #45 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Old Hand

Lets see it!

Here's mine. A work in progress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic 2-1.jpg (91.7 KB, 1 views)

85 PU & 91 Runner(2door)

post #46 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Keyboard Implanted

'77 FJ40

This is going to be a veeerrryyyy long term project , missing a lot of parts to say the least.
Sarge

Midwest Performance Parts
Weber Modifications/Rebuilds & Parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode