Wow!! Where is everyone?? - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Toyota SUV's & Trucks Discussion of Toyota Pickup Trucks and 4-Runner SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
Still around. Just don't have much use for off-road.com any more. I now know it all.
Dang... Pappy....??? Is that you???

Wow... I haven't seen a post from you in ages..... it took you long enough to become "Know-it-All"!!

There was a time when this site had more posts that you could keep up with.... and there were some raging debates on great subjects, lots of passion, and flaming, and all that other good $hit that makes a site "in-site-full"!! Arrrrhrhrhhrhrhrhhhhhhhhhhrrrrhhh....

Although my little 1986 XtraCab is nice, I REALLY miss my 1985 Standard Cab, 22R, 5-speed, gray primer and all....

I miss the raging debate days too...

I miss the Friday nights preparing for a trail run early Saturday morning, and meeting at the "meet'n spot" off the highway, and waiting for the tardy guys and the ones that didn't show up on time for the departure, then you'd hear them on the CB.... "Hey it's Slow-Poke" and "Bad Ass" ... We're right behind you"... then we'd get to the trail head, all get out and shoot-the-poop while we aired down our tires, and then we'd start up the trail and be wang'n and bang'n, and trash'n and bash'n, and spin'n and crin'n, and rock'n and roll'n.... Gawd those were fun days!! Then we'd stop for lunch and I'd pass around pretzels and pickles, and then we'd look over all the dings and dents, then we'd get back into our "built-for-rocks-heavy-duty-rooty-tooty-ticky-tacky-poo-poo-nanny's" and work our way to the end. But before we finished, there'd be a stuck truck, or a broken this, or a bent that, back then we actually used Hi-Lift once in awhile.

I have some great memories... Cross country Mexico on Thanksgiving week end!!!.... Leading a trip to the Glamis Sand Dunes!!!... Breaking open Martinez Canyon!!! ... Watching Marlin drop off into The Luge!! Moab!!!!!--- That's one fun trip!! The Dusey-Irshim Trail!!!! The Rubicon!!!! New Mexico!!!! Fun Days at the Hassayumpa River and watching Pappa Larry take out 4" Palo Verde tree with his V-8 powered Land Crusher on a really steep hill climb!! A 1/2 day-trip that turned into a week trip.... we got caught on the other side of the creek at Punk'n Center while a flash flood hit and we had to leave our vehicles and some had to be ferried across the Lake by the Sheriff's Department boat to get some folks home.... very late at night. 3 couples stayed and drove all the vehicles back to Howard & Suzie's property. My wife and I slept in a A-class motor home with 2 Boston Terriers that farted and snored all night!!

Oh.. the mud!! It froze that morning and the frozen mud was like cement.. all over our windshields... what a mess... it took a week just to get all the mud off my white truck.... that was one of the most exciting 4-wheel drive adventures ever!!

I could write a book about some really fun adventures...

Hey... I just had a dumb idea... why don't you all think of an awesome 4-wheel drive adventure and write up a little story to share with the 10 of us that are still on this site???!!

gNARLS

Last edited by Gnarly4X; 10-21-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 06:12 PM

My how it changes

Hey guys. I was a mostly a lurker with a few contributions to this board years ago when I first got my 86 4Runner. I can say this place was an immense wealth of knowledge. Having no money at the time and working on my truck out of neccessity led me to quite a few very long nights and trips back here hoping a reply to a problem would come so I could get things reassmbled and working so I could get to work the next morning. I learned a few things elsewhere and posted them here as well. Hopefully my small contributions helped as much as everyone else's helped me.
Now, after a few years, the ole 4Runner sits out back needing a new engine and some tlc. She stills runs, albeit poorly. I miss her, leading me here to get advice once again. I'm just starting to put together some numbers on how much it will take to fix her up. I thought I would check here for any new sources for engines, parts, etc. I check a few posts of interest and Gnarls is still on! Amazing. I look forward getting advice from everyone once again.
post #23 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 06:14 PM

By the way, my join date is Sept 2009 because I had to re-register!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Depending what condition your Runner is in, you might make a list of what you think the problems are, and then call Engbldr and discuss it with him. I've been out of the mainstream for awhile, so I don't know who all is out there that can help out with engine rebuilds, parts, new engines, etc. Obviously, if YOU can work on the engine and provide good labor, you can save a bundle. Let us know what you find out.

gNARLS
post #25 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Old Hand

I'm posting here again, as I've got another Toyota... finally.
post #26 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_E View Post
I'm posting here again, as I've got another Toyota... finally.
Well, Dan, let's not keep your new little Toy a secret...!!

Tell us about it!

gNARLS
post #27 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Addict

Just checking in to see how many people have had problems with the fuel sending units corroding to the point of failure. Seems like this forum is experiencing a membership failure. I sure hope that it is around a long time, though. There is a wealth of information here. Hello Gnarls, Missouriman I remember you guys, writeforus, Stumprunner you guys are new to me, but I'm glad to see that there is new interests landing here, I just long for the old days, more cash, more wheeling, more sharing of info and time. Where are we all headed in this nation if we don't adjust our course. See you guys, I'll check back from time to time.

Alright! Who put the "S" in lisp?
post #28 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by man2mal View Post
Just checking in to see how many people have had problems with the fuel sending units corroding to the point of failure. Seems like this forum is experiencing a membership failure. I sure hope that it is around a long time, though. There is a wealth of information here. Hello Gnarls, Missouriman I remember you guys, writeforus, Stumprunner you guys are new to me, but I'm glad to see that there is new interests landing here, I just long for the old days, more cash, more wheeling, more sharing of info and time. Where are we all headed in this nation if we don't adjust our course. See you guys, I'll check back from time to time.
Hey man2mal,

Yeah... things have thinned out a bit on ol' ORC Toy pages. Kinda sad.

Geez, "I just long for the old days, more cash, more wheeling, more sharing of info and time. Where are we all headed in this nation if we don't adjust our course." That's a BIG 10-4!!

gNARLS
post #29 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Addict

Haven't been around in a long while... sure is different around here.

Dean
post #30 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafftrak View Post
Haven't been around in a long while... sure is different around here.
Yeah....I think the fire went out.

gNARLS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode