replacement wiper blade reviews? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Tire Tips, What Works Best One of the most-talked-about subjects on our Boards; applies to all makes and models.

Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up replacement wiper blade reviews?

What are you using? What do you like? What doesn't work?

I switched from icons to trico neoforms a while back and imo they work better, are super quiet and are inexpensive for top of the line (about $17 a pair after rebate right now and $33 a pair regularly). Ok...what else is out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 03:00 AM

Wiper Blade Replacement

Visit your local NAPA AUTO PARTS for the correct wiper blade replacement. Pull the wiper arm up and away from the car. Examine the existing attachment (where the arm and the blade meet) and match it to one of the attachments included with the new wiper blades. Remove the windshield wiper blade from the arm at the attachment. Install the correct attachment to the new blades, then install the new blades onto the windshield wiper arm.
* It is better to replace the whole wiper blade, not just the rubber part.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 02:15 AM
Novice

Thanks for reply AbleSmith, even i was waiting for reply, now we can do this kind of things at home, no need to carry our vehicle to mechanics shop.
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Tips On Buying Wiper Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbleSmith View Post
Visit your local NAPA AUTO PARTS for the correct wiper blade replacement. Pull the wiper arm up and away from the car. Examine the existing attachment (where the arm and the blade meet) and match it to one of the attachments included with the new wiper blades. Remove the windshield wiper blade from the arm at the attachment. Install the correct attachment to the new blades, then install the new blades onto the windshield wiper arm.
* It is better to replace the whole wiper blade, not just the rubber part.
Always lookup the correct/exact part numbers by make, model and year of the vehicle - this ensures not only correct length but also correct attachment. Note that the days of just buying by length are done - there's something like 13 different wiper arm mounts now. You are correct about the adapters on most replacements, however if you want direct-connect without plastic adapters, there are a few out there like the trico neoform I mention above. Takes the guess work out of it and also doesn't add additional parts to fail or viberate.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 06:53 AM

Windshield wiper blades are made of rubber and easily deteriorate due to exposure to sun, extreme weather, and pollution. Manufacturers recommend replacing the blades on your new car every few years as a regular part of car maintenance.Windshield wiper blades are inexpensive and provide a key line of defense when it comes to your safety on the road.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 06:00 AM
Novice

Most of the time I will forget to replace wiper blade then will do it in last minute like 2 to 3 hours before a long drive. I will try to keep in my memory.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by misaelwade View Post
Windshield wiper blades are made of rubber and easily deteriorate due to exposure to sun, extreme weather, and pollution. Manufacturers recommend replacing the blades on your new car every few years as a regular part of car maintenance.Windshield wiper blades are inexpensive and provide a key line of defense when it comes to your safety on the road.
Consumer Reports recommended replacing every 6 months for very good or execellent performance. That was kind of shocking to me. I do it annually though.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 07:27 AM

I suggest you to try for Bosch 422A ICON Wiper Blade - 22. It has a dual precision-tensioned steel springs help create tension memory, applying uniform pressure along the entire blade length. It contains exclusive weather shield connector system is pre-installed to protect arm connection from snow/ice build-up. I hope that it will help you better.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by misaelwade View Post
I suggest you to try for Bosch 422A ICON Wiper Blade - 22. It has a dual precision-tensioned steel springs help create tension memory, applying uniform pressure along the entire blade length. It contains exclusive weather shield connector system is pre-installed to protect arm connection from snow/ice build-up. I hope that it will help you better.
Thanks! I really like the neoforms though after 6 months. One other cool thing is that wipers123 just emailed me an inspection reminder at 6 months and said they'd remind me again in 3 months. Kinda cool.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 06:42 AM

Wiper blades are to be replaced yearly. Blades of quality can be maintained for longer durations but if you purchased and end up with cheap quality, then we our car will be at loss.(Scratches)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode