replacement wiper blade reviews? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Tire Tips, What Works Best One of the most-talked-about subjects on our Boards; applies to all makes and models.

Sponsored by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waterford, WI - USA
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Thumbs up replacement wiper blade reviews?

What are you using? What do you like? What doesn't work?

I switched from icons to trico neoforms a while back and imo they work better, are super quiet and are inexpensive for top of the line (about $17 a pair after rebate right now and $33 a pair regularly). Ok...what else is out there?
jeff618 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 03:00 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fortworth, Texas
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Wiper Blade Replacement

Visit your local NAPA AUTO PARTS for the correct wiper blade replacement. Pull the wiper arm up and away from the car. Examine the existing attachment (where the arm and the blade meet) and match it to one of the attachments included with the new wiper blades. Remove the windshield wiper blade from the arm at the attachment. Install the correct attachment to the new blades, then install the new blades onto the windshield wiper arm.
* It is better to replace the whole wiper blade, not just the rubber part.
AbleSmith is offline  
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 02:15 AM
Novice
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: texas
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Thanks for reply AbleSmith, even i was waiting for reply, now we can do this kind of things at home, no need to carry our vehicle to mechanics shop.
___________________________________
Yamaha Motorcycles | BMW Motorcycles
truckboy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waterford, WI - USA
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Lightbulb Tips On Buying Wiper Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbleSmith View Post
Visit your local NAPA AUTO PARTS for the correct wiper blade replacement. Pull the wiper arm up and away from the car. Examine the existing attachment (where the arm and the blade meet) and match it to one of the attachments included with the new wiper blades. Remove the windshield wiper blade from the arm at the attachment. Install the correct attachment to the new blades, then install the new blades onto the windshield wiper arm.
* It is better to replace the whole wiper blade, not just the rubber part.
Always lookup the correct/exact part numbers by make, model and year of the vehicle - this ensures not only correct length but also correct attachment. Note that the days of just buying by length are done - there's something like 13 different wiper arm mounts now. You are correct about the adapters on most replacements, however if you want direct-connect without plastic adapters, there are a few out there like the trico neoform I mention above. Takes the guess work out of it and also doesn't add additional parts to fail or viberate.
jeff618 is offline  
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 06:53 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: london
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Windshield wiper blades are made of rubber and easily deteriorate due to exposure to sun, extreme weather, and pollution. Manufacturers recommend replacing the blades on your new car every few years as a regular part of car maintenance.Windshield wiper blades are inexpensive and provide a key line of defense when it comes to your safety on the road.
misaelwade is offline  
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 06:00 AM
Novice
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Most of the time I will forget to replace wiper blade then will do it in last minute like 2 to 3 hours before a long drive. I will try to keep in my memory.
Godwindaniel is offline  
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waterford, WI - USA
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by misaelwade View Post
Windshield wiper blades are made of rubber and easily deteriorate due to exposure to sun, extreme weather, and pollution. Manufacturers recommend replacing the blades on your new car every few years as a regular part of car maintenance.Windshield wiper blades are inexpensive and provide a key line of defense when it comes to your safety on the road.
Consumer Reports recommended replacing every 6 months for very good or execellent performance. That was kind of shocking to me. I do it annually though.
jeff618 is offline  
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 07:27 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: london
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
I suggest you to try for Bosch 422A ICON Wiper Blade - 22. It has a dual precision-tensioned steel springs help create tension memory, applying uniform pressure along the entire blade length. It contains exclusive weather shield connector system is pre-installed to protect arm connection from snow/ice build-up. I hope that it will help you better.
misaelwade is offline  
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waterford, WI - USA
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by misaelwade View Post
I suggest you to try for Bosch 422A ICON Wiper Blade - 22. It has a dual precision-tensioned steel springs help create tension memory, applying uniform pressure along the entire blade length. It contains exclusive weather shield connector system is pre-installed to protect arm connection from snow/ice build-up. I hope that it will help you better.
Thanks! I really like the neoforms though after 6 months. One other cool thing is that wipers123 just emailed me an inspection reminder at 6 months and said they'd remind me again in 3 months. Kinda cool.
jeff618 is offline  
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 06:42 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Wiper blades are to be replaced yearly. Blades of quality can be maintained for longer durations but if you purchased and end up with cheap quality, then we our car will be at loss.(Scratches)
daveontrip is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome