what is the best 35 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > General Off-Road > Tire Tips, What Works Best

Tire Tips, What Works Best One of the most-talked-about subjects on our Boards; applies to all makes and models.

Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2003, 11:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default what is the best 35

could you please tell me what are some of the best 35" mud tires that have a long tread life and are at a reasonably good price.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2003, 06:15 AM
Addict

Blown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what is the best 35\" mud tire at a good price

I'm running Super Sport Radials HT's 35 X12.5 from Wal-Mart. They were only $118 per tire and I put certs on them for and additional $10 per tire! Ya Certs, Rotation and balancing and if I screw them up offroad, they fix them. They are prorated for wear and do have a disclaimer saying they won't fix a tire that has been cut in an accident or abused. Yet they are selling this tire for offroad use. I thnk they would have to stand behind the warrenty. Most places do not offer certs on off road tires. $643 got me out the door with 5 tires, tax and certs!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-19-2003, 07:48 AM
Keyboard Implanted

BigNorm is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are looking for good cheap tires then the newspaper is the place to look. Lots of people have good used tires for cheap. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if I ran on used rubber forever. There always seems to be a deal out there if you look for it.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:22 PM
Journeyman

johnski is an unknown quantity at this point

I found a 4wd place near me that swaps tires. They'll give you $$ off a new set in exchange for your used set. That's how I got my new 35's. I'll probably go back after about 20,000 mi. on these to exchange or buy a decent used set. Call around to local shops to see if anyone near you does this.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:30 PM
Old Hand

Shovel is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say either Goodyear MTR or Ground Hawgs are the best 35" with long tread life. Swampers are by far the best, but the tread life isn't so long.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:25 PM
Journeyman

peacemaker is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sadly going to have to replace my dunlap mud rovers next week. They have lasted 5 years eventhough my bronco is my daily driver! They have worn evenly and just recently became noisy. I have been quoted $140 a tire to replace them, but I'm pumping the good ol' boy network and should be able to drop that another $20/tire. Gotta have friends in all the right places! [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] They are great mud tires as far as road manners are concerned and are quite capable in the gooey stuff. As stated before - swampers and boggers can't be beat as long as you stay off the highway, but if you drive on the blacktop as well then the mud rovers may be a more affordable alternative to the goodyear MT/R's. All depends on how much you have to spend. Have any of y'all seen the new dayton mud tire that looks just like the MT/R's but with sidebiter-looking lugs extending down the sidewalls? They don't make 'em in 35's though - I was going to try 'em. The choices in 35's are growing slim. Is something going on in the tire industry? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement