Email scam and spam - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Thefts and Complaints Here's your place to bitch and moan about poor customer service. More importantly, report theft of vehicles and scams affecting the Off-Road community.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

Email scam and spam

I've been getting a lot of these emails for the past week or so. I thought I'd share them with everyone since they are so stupid that they are funny. I'll copy and paste a few.

Dear Friend.

sorry for intruding into your privacy, I am a 55 years old man and a British citizen currently living in Kuwait.

I am an oil merchant and owned Oil businesses in Kuwait, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. I was married with two children and my wife and two children died in a car accident six years ago.Two years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and my doctors have just informed me that i have few months to live.

Before this happened my business and concern for making money was all I lived for. I never really cared about other values in life.

But since the loss of my family and after i was dianosed with prostate cancer, i have found a new desire to assist helpless families. I have been helping charity organisations by donating money to them to assist
the less priviledge in Asia and other parts of the world.

Before I became ill, I kept some money, three and a half million
dollars ($3.5million) to be precise in a long term deposit account in a private finance institution in europe.

Presently, I am in a hospital and my doctor says i have few months to live, and it is my last wish to see this money distributed to charity organizations because so much of my wealth has been plundered by relatives and since my illness, I cannot live with the agony of entrusting this
huge responsibility to any of them.

I want you to assist me collect the funds from the finance company in europe and distribute it amongst charity organizations. Use your judgment to distribute the money and keep 10% of it to yourself. Feel free to reimburse yourself when you have the money for any cost you incure during the process of collecting and distributing the money to
charity organizations.

May you be blessed for your good deed.
Get back to me immediately so we can proceed and keep my contact with you confidential as i do not want my family to know that i am giving my fund away to charity. you may contact me via the above email or alternatively through this email address:{hoganbill900@yahoo.com }

Best regards,

Hogan Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

Re: Email scam and spam

And another......

Dear Sir,
Be inform that I am interested in doing business with your company based on your personal profile that I read through the internet, I would have prefer we meet in person in furtherance to our business discussion. I am Dr Usman Bello the director of COMD (CRUDE OIL MARKETING DIVISION), a subsidiary of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) here in Lagos .

My office is in charge of Finance and Marketing of Crude Oil to foreign companies that come to buy Crude oil in Nigeria , but before we proceed further I want to build a lasting and trusted relationship with you, Due to the sensitive nature and power of my position here in NNPC, I have excess to government control account. As am written you right now I have prepare a memo to the government of my country on a surplus cash amount left over in the NNPC account to the turn of US$27.4 Million (TWENTY SEVEN MILLION,FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) as amount due to be paid to a contractor whom as completed its contract with my department, This amount is laying low over the past once year and the government is just waiting for us to present the name of the contractor to the funds so that they will transfer these fund immediately, all you need to do is to send me the following details, your company Name/Address as the beneficiary and Name/Address of Bank and account numb!
er to which you want the money to be transferred to.

When I receive the details from you, I will register your company name as a contractor to the government under the crude oil marketing division and incorporate your company's name under the federal government contract registration law and back date the papers to meet up with the timing of the contract, we shall arrange all the papers and document making you the rightful owner of the said fund and all this document will be sent to you before the fund is transfer, this I can assure you will be done most perfectly because we have done our home work thoroughly on this project, we are to legalize the deal so that the fund will be treated as legal funds due to you for a contract done with the NNPC. These transaction is risk free I give you my word, as we that are involve too are highly placed government official and as such we would not want to tarnish our image and personality, we want our identity to be protected too. Be rest assured that we have carried out our home work very w!
ell before contacting you and its 100% risk free. We shall need your full and committed effort to this deal. Note this deal shall not take more than 14 working days before the fund gets into your account.

Every document will be legally prepare making the transaction an honest deal and exonerate fear from your mind and here too, the document will be confirming that your company has been existing and doing business in my country for over the pass 4 years.
NOTE: For your effort and assistance on this matter, this is how we are to share the fund,
Account owner (You) 30%, we the beneficiary 65%, miscellaneous expenses (contributors) 5%. Once you are OK with this, reply to me urgently through my email address with all the details that I needed to commence the transaction. Email: Usman.bello147@yahoo.co.uk
I remain.

Yours truly,
DR.USMAN BELLO .
Director, Crude Oil Marketing Division (NNPC)

X-PHP-Originating-Script: 1032:Luda.jpg?.php
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

Another......

FROM THE DESK OF MR.YUSUF ADAMS.
EQUITORIALTRUST BANK PLC.
LAGOS NIGERIA.
EMAIL;yusufadams_20010@yahoo.it

Good Day Friend,

I am Mr.Yusuf Adams, a Banker with Equatorial Trust Bank Plc, here in Nigeria. am an account Officer to Engr.Renold from your country, who used to work with Shell Oil Development Company in Nigeria. Here in after shall be referred to as my client on November 21, 2001, my client, his wife, and their two children were involved in a car Accident along Lagos/Ibadan express way. All occupants of the vehicle Unfortunately lost their lives.

Since then I have made several inquiries to my client's country Embassy to locate any of his extended relatives, this has also proved Unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts, I Have contacted you to assist in repatriating the money before they get Confiscated or declared unserviceable by Equitorial Trust Bank Plc Where these huge deposits were lodged. Particularly, Equatorial Trust Bank Plc where the deceased had an account valued at about US$24.711 Million has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or Have the account confiscated within the 6 weeks.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over 4years now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased Engr.Renold so that the proceeds of this account valued at US$24.711 Million can be Paid to you and then you and I can share the money 55% to me, 40% to You and 5% for any expenses we might run into during this transaction.

All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this deal Through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate Arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

Please get in touch with me immediately as I do not have much time in My disposal.

Please enclose your private telephone number for easy communication.

Best Regards
Mr. Yusuf Adams.
EMAIL CONTACT;yusufadams_20010@yahoo.it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

Another........

Dear Friend,

RE: US$17MILLION TO INVEST IN YOUR COUNTRY.

I facilitate for an in Investor who wants to invest his Financial Estate in profitable business venture in your country.

Your contractual obligation will be to;

1. Receive, Invest and
2. Manage the funds profitably.

The sum offered for the investment is Seventeen Million US Dollars and my client is willing to give you a reasonable Management Fee on your recommended investment scheme and every scheme will be directly under your management.

We expect to hear from you urgently kindly send the following information to make better communication and further instruction;

i). Full Names and Address
ii). Company Name and Address
iii). Telephone, Fax and Cell phone numbers

We expecting your swift reply to this mail with the necessary information as required above if it interest you.

Sincerely Yours.
DAVID BUTLER S.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

These people just don't give up.........

ISTITUTO PACE SVILUPPO
INNOVAZIONE ACLI
Organizzazione Non Governativa delle
ACLI per la Cooperazione Internazionale
Sede Nazionale
http://www.ipsia.acli.it
Via G. Marcora,
18/20 - 00153 Roma

ISTITUTO PACE SVILUPPO NOTIFICATION OF DONATIONS !!!

Attention Winner, We happily announce to you the draw (#942) of the ISTITUTO PACE
SVILUPPO INNOVAZIONE ACLI yearly donations. Organisers of the United Nations, European
Union And Ecowas Yearly Donations. Your e-mail address attached to TICKET NUMBER:
1416-4612-750 with SERIAL NUMBER:3187-17 drew the LUCKY DREW NUMBERS:31-17-8-28-55
(bonus no.25), which subsequently won you the donation in the 2nd
category. You have therefore been approved to claim total sum of $750,000(Seven
Hundred And Fifty Thousand Dollars) in cash credited to file .This is
from a total cash prize of ( $75,000 000 ), shared amongst the one
hundred (100) lucky winners in this category. All participants for the online version were
selected randomly from World Wide Web sites through computer draw system and extracted from
over 100,000 unions, associations, corporate bodies and consumer shops in all localities.
That are listed online. This promotion takes place yearly. your lucky winning number falls within our
European booklet representative office in Europe as indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your
$750,000 (Seven Hundred And Fifty Thousand Dollars) will be released to you by any of
our payment offices in Europe, Africa .

Our agent will immediately commence the process to
facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact her. For
security reasons, you are advised to keep your donation information
confidential till your Donation is processed and your money remitted
to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your donation.
This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming
and unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be warned.
To file for your claim,Please contact our agent.

Mrs. Anna .A. Duff
EMAIL ADDRESS:mailtodonations@yahoo.it

Endeavour to contact her with the following informations:

1,Full Names
2,Contact Address
3,Telephone Number
4,Age
5,Sex
6,Nationality
7,Occupation
8,Donation information i,e ticket number, batch number, reference
number, serial number e.t.c

Yours faithfully,
Linda Wilson (Mrs)
Donations co-ordinator and chairperson,
ISTITUTO PACE SVILUPPO
INNOVAZIONE ACLI
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 03:20 AM
Grovehunter

Gettin' those scam-mail too!

I've been gettin' an onslaught of those types of e-mails lately. Most of the ones you posted I recieved as well. I send them to my spam and then right click>select all messages and then delete so I don't accidentally open one!!
Maybe this will help you?
By the way, I am new to this site. My name is Chuck and I have a '66 CJ-5 with the Dauntless V-6, 2" rancho lift, Dana 44 rear w/ gleason-torsen set up out back. The rest is mostly stock for now.... I found this site cuz I think I want a Jeepster now to compliment my 5.
Nice to meet you.
GH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode