Fraudulant Business Alert (Kennesaw Mountain) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Thefts and Complaints Here's your place to bitch and moan about poor customer service. More importantly, report theft of vehicles and scams affecting the Off-Road community.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 11:24 AM
beardiron

Fraudulant Business Alert (Kennesaw Mountain)

Like their nice looking website (http://www.kenmtn.com/), their service is premium. That is, until it comes time to ship out your product. Let me explain...

In August of 2006, I called and placed an order for a custom rear bumper for a 2002 Toyota 4 Runner. I was asked to place a deposit of 50% of the total amount. He was very helpful in picking the bumper and even gave suggestions on options.

I gladly gave hime my credit card for deposit and was told it would take about 8 weeks to fabricate.

On October 24th, I called him for an update and to order a front bumper for my 4 runner. My situation was a little difficult as I wanted to be able to hook a tow bar to this bumper. He worked hard with me to come up with a solution and again, took 50% down for this bumper.

Needless to say, it has been 5 months since I ordered the rear bumper and I have been trying to reach this company for the last two months. Their answering machine was full numerous times, I actually reached a live person once who said the guy I needed to speak with was sick and he would call me the next day.

Do NOT purchase any product from this flakey company or you will be in the same situation as me (over $700.00 spent for nothing!) I am working on disputing these charges now and hope to at least get my money back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 03:28 AM

DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM KENNESAW MTN www.kenmtn.com

I had a similar experience with Kyle from Kennesaw Mountain Accessories a few years ago that ended up costing me $300. They will seem like a reputible buisness until your delivery date passes with no bumper and you start calling then all of the sudden your phone calls go unanswered.

I checked with the Georgia State Corp Comm and Kennesaw Mountain Accessories had several complaints.

For me, the $300 didn't merritt the type of debilitating visit I had planned for good old Kyle. So, I decided to let it go, that is unless Kyle were to have the unfortunate luck of running into me one day.

For all of you looking for bumpers, I stress, go with an established company like Ranch-Hand, ARB, Rovertym Engineering, etc. Or if you do some research, the money you will spend on a Kennesaw Bumper you can buy a good mig welder and all the metal you will need even if you have a few "do-overs" in the process.

Ben

PS Since I noticed that the post to which I am responding comes up as the third entry when googling Kennesaw Mtn just in case you ever read this; Kyle you are a douchebag.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 04:54 PM

Report them on Ripoffreport.com as this is a high ranking website that will get lots of exposure over the Internet and warn others. If they have a website, many times the ripoffreport will outrank them in Google.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode