Welding rear end? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Suzuki > Suzuki GEO All

Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2001, 11:45 PM
Enthusiast

FryerTuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Welding rear end?

A number of members in my club are interested in welding the rear end of their samurai's. only none of us have any experience in this. anyone who has done this can you give me info on what to weld and how to do this?

http://www.gazuks.com

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]John Tucker 88.5 Samurai, SPOA, 1.6 ltr, Weber carb, Removable doors, Custom front bumper,Warn M8000 winch
http://www.geocities.com/fryer_78/Cam_Moorai.html

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2001, 11:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Welding rear end?

From what I have heard you basically weld the spider gears together...but to tell you the truth the last time I asked they got in a 4 page argument on which is better,.....locker or weld!?? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]!!!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-14-2001, 01:00 AM
Can't Get Enough

Bill4rest is an unknown quantity at this point

LOCKRIGHT $176 from Northcoast.

Old 10-14-2001, 03:04 AM
Pooh-Bah

Samurai202 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know alot of people have had great success in suzuki's with welded diff's. Check out the mild to wild suzuki website. They will sell you a completely welded third member for like 250.00 Then you always have a spare. I personally don't think that there are any suzuki's made with enough horse power to tear apart a welded diff.
If you do it use 10-60 welding rod I hear it is the best, or is that 60-10 I dunno nothing about welding just repeating what I have read.

87 Samurai. S-10 Buckets. Cherry Bomb exaust.
If you ain't wheelin get outa here!
Old 10-14-2001, 10:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The bigger the glob the better the jop....

1986 Samurai
Locked rear
4:1 trasfer case
SPOA
Missing links
Breeze Crossover Steering
Spidertrax Panhard Rod

Foothill Fockers of Auburn California
Old 10-14-2001, 11:26 AM
Keyboard Implanted

rangerrick is an unknown quantity at this point

My Two cents.Mine is welded,I like it better than my lockright which went up front.No more being shifting into other lanes when in a turn.Take your diff apart and weld both sides.Use a 70 series rod or wire and find one that has the ability to elongate before breaking.The one I welded up ,now belongs to Trailwalker has the ability for the weld to elongate 25% before breaking.Good luck,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
Old 10-14-2001, 11:48 AM
Keyboard Implanted

purevil71 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm welded front and rear and I can go places on 31x10.50 AT's that guy's with boggers have trouble with. You'll notice a bigg diff. on hill and such. My Diffs. were both welded when I get them, but the spyder gears have been welded. I hope this helps a little!

1988.5 Silver JX, SPOA, 31x10.50's, snorkle, front and rear lockers, more toy's on the way.
"Tuck in behind me! I'll show you where to crash!"
Old 10-14-2001, 01:04 PM

dparker is an unknown quantity at this point

purevil is it hard to steer with the front weled i herd it makes it tough? or do you have powersteering?

RUN IN TO YOU LATER
Old 10-14-2001, 02:01 PM
Can't Get Enough

grumpy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a welded rear and lockers up front.I had given Pure Evil his rear end and to date we have had no problem with them.A friend of ours used a 110 welder on his and in one weekend he ground all the welds off.Be sure to use a strong egnough rod or wire and use a welder the uses 220.Lincoln lockers, I think are just as good if not better than a locker if done right.

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme2/countyrecreation

tmoutlawed@yahoo.com

Old 10-14-2001, 04:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Be careful, we've sold quite a few lockers and 3rd members to folks who have destroyed theirs by welding it up.

It may work out fine, but it may just as likely cost you hundreds more than having just gone with a locker to begin with.

http:// www.rocky-road.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.