Locking Gas Cap Removal ?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Suzuki > Suzuki GEO All

Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2001, 04:38 PM
Keyboard Implanted

CrowHorse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Locking Gas Cap Removal ??

What's the most expediant and least destructive way to remove a locking gas cap WITHOUT a key? I want to syphon the gas from my parts zook and remove the gas tank. I don't want to use the drain to remove the gas. Any ideas?

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2001, 05:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Locking Gas Cap Removal ??

could prolly find a locksmith around... but thatll cost some. hhmm LEAST destructive? hehee i dont know... i can think of some pretty destructive stuff! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

we have a guy here in town who does that kinda stuff. hes good.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-09-2001, 05:34 PM
I Do This For The Glory

JEEPN is an unknown quantity at this point

Max had a good way to do it. I think he grabbed it and just twisted it off. Ask him, I know he knows.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
Old 10-09-2001, 05:46 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Capn_Crunch is an unknown quantity at this point

If you can remove the outer "black" plastic shell you can just unscrew it. I think the least destructive way would be to take a big screw driver and attack the cap from the side.

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case, 31 BFG M/T knock offs, extended shackles (1.6 - 8V eventually) AARRRRRRRG!
Old 10-09-2001, 06:34 PM
Skip

I trust you don't care what happens to the cap. Use a 3/8 drill on the key and then put a crew driver in to lock the cap to the screwedin piece. If you're careful and don't drill all the way through you won't get any crud in the gas. It's worked for me. Of course you could put my name on your insurance policy and then use a torch

Skip
Old 10-09-2001, 06:36 PM
Skip

I trust you don't care what happens to the cap. Use a 3/8 drill on the key and then put a crew driver in to lock the cap to the screwedin piece. If you're careful and don't drill all the way through you won't get any crud in the gas. It's worked for me. Of course you could put my name on your insurance policy and then use a torch

Skip
Old 10-09-2001, 06:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

least destructive to the cap, or the rig??[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]you should be able to just twist it off...most don't have very strong locking mechanisms...so grab a rag, or even a Channel-lock type pliers and give her a good twist....[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

ROACH Da NastyPimp
Old 10-09-2001, 07:24 PM

dparker is an unknown quantity at this point

crow i have removed a couple and the easyest way i found was if you had a pair of big channel locks grab the cap and twist it off if the hole thing doesnt come of another ward if it snaps in two peaces then you should be able to just twist the bottom part off.

RUN IN TO YOU LATER
Old 10-09-2001, 07:55 PM
Keyboard Implanted

DannyL is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it just me or........I just wouldn't use an electric drill over the place where the gas fumes would be rising....those small sparks from the motor brushes and.....????

DannyL

http://www.partszuki.homestead.com
Old 10-09-2001, 08:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

don't know about yours but mine will open with any key...ignition key works....but I think any will work..maybe its just mine.

Drive fast and take chances.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement