Samurai King Pin Bearings - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Suzuki > Suzuki GEO All

Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2001, 10:06 AM
Jonathan

Default Samurai King Pin Bearings

I just picked up some replacement king pin bearings from the Suzuki dealer. The neat thing about them is that they now have a rubber seal around the top of the bearing and the non-wear side is encapsulated in plastic. This means that the bearings are less prone to rust through water seepage/grease washout. The Suzuki PN is 09265-15005-000 and here in Germany they cost around $15 each which is the same you'll pay for aftermarket ones in the states. IMHO, these new Suzuki ones are a whole lot better than the aftermarket bearings. In fact, I just replaced one axle side with some aftermarket king pin bearings (from an American Zuk vendor) the other day and I'm almost inclined to pull them out and install the new Zuk ones!

Just passing on the good news!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2001, 11:36 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Yankee Tim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Samurai King Pin Bearings

IMHO, SGP rocks! I used nothing but suzuki parts, except for u-joints, as they break and it's easier and cheaper to get the Auto Zone ones for $6.40 with a lifetime warranty.

As far as motor stuff, SGP all the way.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-15-2001, 11:47 AM
pugrocker

how do you know when you need to replace your kingpins.....I am getting some strange noises at low speed (under 7 or 8 mphs) from the front end.....

pug

Old 03-15-2001, 01:38 PM
Addict

OILBURNER is an unknown quantity at this point

Pack your wheel bearings.

OILBURNER tim.justice@ipaper.com 1988.5 Samurai, VW 1.9L Diesel,
GRS II, Toyota Axles w/ locked High-Pinion Diff's w/ 5.29's,
BFG 35's and more....

Old 03-15-2001, 01:47 PM
Jonathan

The symptoms will be excessive wheel shimmy (can be related to other things too), difficult-erratic steering followed by wierd noises coming from the front end (again, sometimes other factors are at work).

The top bearing usually needs replacement due to the fact the gravity pulls the grease downward and nobody ever repacks the kingpin bearings. I've seen some that were so badly rusted they were almost indistinguishable as a bearing. If you've never greased them, you'll probably need to replace them. You can possibly get away with just replacing the top two and just repacking the bottom bearings. However, after 13 years of no service, both the top and bottom of mine showed excessive wear and needed to be replaced. I plan on repacking mine ever two years unless I encounter a deep water crossing-that will require an imediate tear-down & repack.

Old 03-15-2001, 01:47 PM
Jonathan

The symptoms will be excessive wheel shimmy (can be related to other things too), difficult-erratic steering followed by wierd noises coming from the front end (again, sometimes other factors are at work).

The top bearing usually needs replacement due to the fact the gravity pulls the grease downward and nobody ever repacks the kingpin bearings. I've seen some that were so badly rusted they were almost indistinguishable as a bearing. If you've never greased them, you'll probably need to replace them. You can possibly get away with just replacing the top two and just repacking the bottom bearings. However, after 13 years of no service, both the top and bottom of mine showed excessive wear and needed to be replaced. I plan on repacking mine ever two years unless I encounter a deep water crossing-that will require an immediate tear-down & repack.

Old 03-20-2001, 12:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

deep water I go through deep water every week end a foot at least may be I shoud look at mine but nothing is loose yet

Sponsored Links
Advertisement