Flat Towing a 93 GEO Tracker 4WD - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Suzuki > Suzuki GEO All

Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2000, 02:25 PM
Addict

wsmm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flat Towing a 93 GEO Tracker 4WD

I would like to flat tow my 93 GEO Tracker 4WD behind a motor home I just acquired. Has anybody done this, if so how did you attach the tow bar to the Tracker. Did you have to use commerical base plates? Did you make up some kind of support that you attached to the frame and then attach the tow bar to it? I'm currently looking at a REESE Universal towbar. It requires the two brackets that mount onto the vehicle to be 24" on center. Any and all help will be appreciated. If it turns out that the bar and any other modifications become high priced, I may just look into a tow dolly.

Thanks in advance for any and all help and suggestions.
Bill

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2000, 10:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Flat Towing a 93 GEO Tracker 4WD

best to read the owner's manual cover to cover on this subject. if i remember correctly, you cannot do this with the automatic hubs, only the manual hubs, and there are specific instructions on where to place the tranny shifter and the tcase shifter. i think it's for oil circulation. most of the folks who read this board know a whole lot more about it than i do. oh, and not with an auto tranny either, i don't think............

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-2000, 09:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I see Trackers being flat-towed behind motor homes all the time, so it's do-able: question is exactly what is the right way to do it. I would recommend a tow bar Specifically designed for your Tracker, if you go that route. A tow dolly + removing the rear drive shaft would definetely work, also.

Tim J

Old 06-22-2000, 10:34 AM
Addict

wsmm is an unknown quantity at this point

If I end up with a dolly, which if I can find one cheap enough will be how I go, I plan on placing the rear wheels on the dolly and the front on the ground. I have the manual trans and manual hubs. So with them set to free, I should be home free, sorry for the pun.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.