diesels!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

diesels!!!!!

well it is almost time to work on my POS. I really want to go with a diesel. How hard is it to use a 1.9 TDI? I like the tuning possibilities of this motor.

Thanks Sean

Live by it, Die from it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 10:15 PM

I just met someone in my area that is putting the 1.9 in his calmini lifted tracker on 33's, he had the whole 1.9 donor car, He ran into problems with the computer set up and is now converting the newer 1.9 tdi to mechanical injection I hope to find out more soon, it is one cool project. I know if you're serious check out acme adapters, he said they were the most helpful.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 10:51 PM

Well I just wheeled with the 1.9 Calmini lifted tracker and I love my 16v even more. For East coast wheeling the 1.9 doesn't have the rev you need when it is a slick uphill, but the kid is in his first tuning stages to be fair. Still it seems that unless you put a big turbo on it it doesn't have the top end. It is still cool as hell for a daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Cool thanks. I will keep that in mind. I will be on RRO coil front, with a Trail gear rear, with 37`s. should work well for me then, since I don`t really play in the mud all that much. I have heard about the wiring issues with the tdi. but not sure if spending th emoney on the pump is worth it. Maybe just a td will have to do, with the extra cash going into tuning.

Sean, eh

Live by it, Die from it
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 09:32 PM

I guess the mechanical pump unit he purchased was designed for bigger injectors and turbo so that could be a problem, he still has to uprgrade. Actually we weren't in mud, it was snow,wet granite, and some thawed out spots that were seeeing sunlight. It made it but needed to be in high range for momentum, wheelspeed- it just ran out of steam too early, like a rev limiter kicking in at 4g(I think the motor won't turn past 4500). I just think the 16v makes more sense, and there is a sammy around here with the older 1.6 diesel and he preffered the stock motor for power, it was a conversion simply for on road mpg, he didn't think it would work good offroad.He ran both the na and turbo and the turbo for all the work is like having the stock motor.
If I were to run a diesel I'd have to move my front axle forward 2ft. plus- and run the mercedes, with pane injection.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 11:26 AM

you can do it BUT you will need to salvage all the electronic bits to make it work. Im dropping a 1.9 TD from a 96 Jetta into my sami. much easier as its IDI and mechanical. much simpler and less electrics for later issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode