Suzuki Snorkel? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Suzuki > Suzuki GEO All

Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2003, 01:41 AM
Journeyman

sycogirl2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suzuki Snorkel?

Anyone have any ideas on how to do a snorkel on my Suzuki? I just got done with my breathers, used some plastic 1/2'' tube, saves my diff's but need to save my engine from sucking water. Also my website is going to be moving and can not be edited until moved, switched from Cable to DSl :-x and lost my attbi account
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2003, 02:08 AM
Pooh-Bah

minipigg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Suzuki Snorkel?

do a search on off-road. there are some articles on doing a home made snorkle
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-26-2003, 03:31 PM
Old Hand

Jbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine is home made.
I have a few pics on my website.
Old 03-26-2003, 05:55 PM
Pooh-Bah

Ooooooooorr... You can spend the money for a kit. They run between 200 and 320 for the same kit depending on which company you buy it from. Some people claim the ram air effect caused by the kit allows for some better fuel economy while on the highway.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:16 PM
Keyboard Implanted

CTBrent is an unknown quantity at this point

I did something different... well I have all the stuff except the exocage tomount it to. I bought 5 feet of radiator hose and a oil tank vent (2") a completely cool flexible snorkle line... I will run it through a hole cut in the fender like an elipse to keep it closer to the body. I have tested it already just notheing to fix it to at the top. Looks more slick than anything I have seen so far and cost about $20
Old 03-26-2003, 07:58 PM
Journeyman

SikZuki is an unknown quantity at this point

www.xtremezuk.com has a complete snorkel kit for $125. Looks damn good & works even better. My gas mileage & power went up a slight amount on the highway once I through this thing on. Your engine will run a little hotter on the trail because of it.

Tim

black 92 EFI Samurai JL, 33's, 4.5 SPOA, 2" SR, 3" Nationals, Revolver shackles, National add-a-leaves, tracker hybrid axles w/ 4.63's, warn m6000, crawler front bumper, calmini safari rack w/ offroad lighting/shovel/axe/hilift, GRSI, rear lockrite, 1.6 engine swap, snorkle, US 8" chrome wheels, Calmini 2" performance header/exhaust, cb, S-10 blazer seat swap w/ Wet Okole seat covers, sony xplod sound system, calmini rock sliders, diamond plate rockers/targa, hand throttle,& a ton more cool stuff.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:01 PM
Addict

hedo is an unknown quantity at this point

CTBrent can ya post some pics when your done??
I am gathering some ideas about installing one my self..
Old 03-26-2003, 09:01 PM
Addict

mudlite is an unknown quantity at this point

Well since opinions are like *******s , and everyone has one, I'll give you mine. If you wheel in the forest, its just another thing to get caught on the trees. I learned the hard way a took out a light bar on Pink. Unless you wheel with a bunch of other trucks with snorkles why bother? If you can cross a pond, its not going to get the rest of the crowd through. What do you want to accomplish with a snorkle? Deep water crossing? you can cross a 36" deep river with a stock sammi. Anything deeper and you just float, fill the interior and screw your electrical up like speakers, sterios and CB. Other things to concider when crossing deep water: does your exhaust have enough pressure to keep water out, what damage are you doing to the stream?, what oils are you washing off while in the water? is there another way around? I have yet to see a home grown snorkle that didn't look like a reject from a plumbing store or worse. Take a lesson from HUMMER and put a Mushroom on your hood if you actually think you will use a snorkle. Or is this just for the cooool factor of having a snorkle, in that case get some street locks to go with it.
[img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2003, 09:04 PM
Addict

mudlite is an unknown quantity at this point

And if you think they work so well. Show me a video of one with the hood completely submerged. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2003, 09:48 PM
Pooh-Bah

Here ya go.. I actually still have this article.

http://www.rocky-road.com/zuksnorkle.html

As for snorkles.... Im heavy into Land Cruisers... they are a must in South America... and yes there are sh*t loads of photo's with fricken water over the hood and they continue to drive across a river. I think this is a good item to add to your rig if you need it. Just like added wheel bead locks arent needed for the majority of 4x4's. We were using them back in the 1970's and early 1980's for our comp. drag cars. Nothing like bustin a bead when using slicks. So I was at home with the idea on some 4x4 use. Some people dont use chains when muddin... some do... Oh yes... and I spent most my life wheeling in the forest and heavy wooded areas... as well as water crossings. I know all about hanging up on crap. So can a rig have water over the hood and continue to run with a snorkl? Depends on the rig... deisels can with no problems.... some petrol burners might if they are water proof correctly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement