Uwharrie National Forest, NC - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Suzuki > Suzuki GEO All

Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2000, 08:48 PM
Old Hand

Jbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uwharrie National Forest, NC

Sometime durring my websurfing I came across a website that showed footage of a trailride to Uwharrie, NC. I don't think it was Samurai's but I would like to find that site again.

Has anyone found any websites related to Uwharrie National Forest?

TIA
Jay

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]Jbird
jbird88_5@yahoo.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2000, 09:56 PM
Old Hand

Default Re: Uwharrie National Forest, NC

I answered my own question!

If anyone is interested here is a nice site that has a lot of info on Uwharrie and Tellico.

http://cnc.4x4.org/

Jay

jbird88_5@yahoo.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-09-2000, 11:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Jbird,
You trip for Uhwarrhie still on this spring? How many people do you have planned to go with you? I was the guy that was supposed to go to Carolina beach with yall till my clutch blew up on the highway. I'd love to go but my Zuk is sitting have dissasembled in my garage back in greensboro while I'm at school in wilmington.
Later

Mike Schramm
88 Sammy in the garage
Old 01-09-2000, 12:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I would like to go on the trip this spring,but I am not sure if the zuk will be modified by then. How hard are the trails yall are going to run?

Old 01-09-2000, 08:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

From what I understand you should be fine in Uhwarrie with a stock zuk as long as you have some resonably aggressive tires, most A/T tires should be fine. You don't need 35 inch tires, two lockers and all the other stuff. I'd recomend a hi-lift, come along, if you can do any mods I'd recomend a rear locker. Any hard trails should be able to be bypassed in the hard sections. It's mainly just a fun place to test your rig without worrying about breaking major parts.

Mike Schramm
88 Sammy in the garage
Old 01-23-2000, 08:16 PM
Veteran

88.5 Samurai is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey J-Bird. I wasn't sure if you saw the response from M. Schramm, so I added this post to bring it to the front page.

Old 01-24-2000, 02:50 PM
Old Hand

Your right, I did miss this thread. Thanks.

We are still planning on going to Uwharrie. We just can't decide on a weekend. I'm open for suggestions for a date. April or May?

Uwharrie trails aren't that tough. I've been with several different vehicles. Never had any problems. It can be challenging (especially when it rains)but if you’re careful you should come back home with no damage. I was there twice with my Samurai when I had 235/75's and a stock suspension and it did great.

The cool thing is the trails do change a little from year to year because of rain and erosion. I'm curious to see what's left of the trails after all the hurricanes tore up the area last year.

A decision on the dates should happen in a week or 2.

Jay

jbird88_5@yahoo.com
Old 01-24-2000, 08:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you decide on a date after May 7th I maybe able to take my zuk,(big maybe). This comes around the end of the semester for me, I gotta move back off campus and back to greensboro May 7th after exams. Not to mention my zuk is in several dozen peices in my garage. Hopefully I can put it back togther(in running order at least) over spring break. If nothing else maybe someone could use a riding partner?

Mike Schramm
88 Sammy in the garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement