Geo Tracker Any Good? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Suzuki > Suzuki GEO All

Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2002, 08:55 AM
Enthusiast

Lil_Mudder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Geo Tracker Any Good?

I currently own an 88 Samurai. I just found a Geo Tracker with 33's at a good price. I am going out to check it but wanted to get some opions from list members as to what they thought, heard, have experienced with this particular vehicle. As well do any of you know the stats on such things as engine size, drivetrain, etc.

Thanks

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2002, 10:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Geo Tracker Any Good?

First, if you have a Tracker with 33's, it's probably already lifted/modified, because 33's won't fit under a stock tracker. Second, even with 6 inches of lift, I don't think you can run anything bigger than 31's or maybe 32's without rubbing. Something to consider... Also, if the lift is a ProComp, you may want to be very careful - there are some people on this BBS with a lot of bad things to say about ProComp on a Tracker.

Bob

<font color=red>NEW</font color=red><font color=blue> 95 'Kick 2 Door Soft top </font color=blue><font color=red> Virgin</font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>95 'Kick 4 Door - Calmini header & exhaust =</font color=blue> <font color=red>mo' power!</font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-14-2002, 11:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

OH! There's a good side to all this, too! Trackers are good little trucklets! They're not Sami's, but hey - not all of us think the best tool in our toolbox is a welder! Hope it has a 16 valve engine! Is it a 2-door or 4-door? The 2-door is probably better for off-roading - lighter, 16 inches shorter, and more aftermarket parts available for it. Oh, and the Tracker can USE 5th gear, which is something a lot of Sami's CAN'T do!!! I have no problem running 90 in either of my Sidekick's (well, other than the fact that law enforcement officials take exception to it!)

Bob

<font color=red>NEW</font color=red><font color=blue> 95 'Kick 2 Door Soft top </font color=blue><font color=red> Virgin</font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>95 'Kick 4 Door - Calmini header & exhaust =</font color=blue> <font color=red>mo' power!</font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2002, 12:44 PM
Enthusiast

I thought that the 16 valve version was the only engine available for that vehicle. Does it come in a 16 valve version?
Do you guys for see any problems with running 33's on the stock drivetrain? Will this cause failure in the long run?
Can anyone comment on the reliablility of these vehicles?

Thanks again for all your help.....

Old 01-14-2002, 12:50 PM
Veteran

Mini4x is an unknown quantity at this point

Well what year is it? More info needed to give you specifics.. ProComp lifts well suck, I have one and have not one good thing to say about it. How'd they fit 33's? I saw one with a 7" body lift (don't ask it was scary lookin) with 35's on it i think, it was grim to say the least.

93 Tracker, deceased
87 Samurai.. 1.6 almost
88 Samurai.. doesn't run, all rotted

Old 01-14-2002, 01:15 PM
Enthusiast

test

Old 01-14-2002, 01:16 PM
Veteran

Mini4x is an unknown quantity at this point

did i pass?

93 Tracker, deceased
87 Samurai.. 1.6 almost
88 Samurai.. doesn't run, all rotted

Old 01-14-2002, 01:17 PM
Enthusiast

Sorry for the test, had some problems there....... The truck is an 89 tracker. The description that I got of the truck is that there is a body lift to support the tires. From what I am reading that would have to be one crazy body lift. I didn't think having a body lift to that extent would be such a good idea.

Old 01-14-2002, 01:19 PM
Enthusiast

With flying colors )

Old 01-14-2002, 01:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OH! An 89? Rumor has it, that some of those had the 1.3L engine. And yeah, I would guess that it probably has more body lift than you want to play with. I think that Calmini has about the max reasonable lift, at 3 inches.

Bob

Sponsored Links
Advertisement