Off Roading Forums banner

Subaru WRX at Glamis Dunes

47K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Dirtytires 
G
#1 ·
There's a video floating around of a guy playing in the sand with his '02 or '03 Subaru Impreza WRX at Glamis dunes, having a fun time.

The AWD and all season tires seem to have no problems in the sand, and he cruises right up the big dune above the staging area, surprising a bunch of guys on motorcycles, ATV's and sand rails.

I have an '03 Impreza WRX myself as a daily driver, and wouldn't use it to play in the sand. Though it sure looks like fun. :)

'03 Subaru Impreza WRX
'03 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

G
#2 ·
Hell, those cars would be fun just getting some groceries. When you hop them up they can be real big block beaters, but that can cost some real dough too.

I have an 93 legacy that would be fun to drop that motor in for a serious sleeper. I love the space of the wagon and 30+ mileage.
Working on 250K for miles and she still runs perfect and scoots in snow. :Burnout:

#5 · (Edited)
wow, im so sorry for reviving this thread but this just gave me a go signal to get my friends legacy with 150k kms. well i wish i could maintain that 30+ mpg! maybe if you run this on sands you will change your air filters more often lol. i hope no one gets mad at me reviving this thread :( i will be posting here pictures of my SOON to be owned subaru legacy! yeah! btw to you have any subaru auto parts sites on mind better than the one i know? thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.